S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Alpine CDA-105 iPod help

Old 08-11-2011, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine CDA-105 iPod help

Hey everyone, I just bought an Alpine CDA-105 w/iPod cable. I'm running the supplied iPod cable with an iPod Video, but it doesn't show up under USB iPod. I can only get it to play under AUX+ and with that, I lose control of the iPod from the deck. I've tried searching the net, but have been unsuccessful in my attempts. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.
Any suggestions? TIA!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

What does the receiver say when you switch to the USB source and your iPod is connected?

Have you tried using the iPod with the high speed cable? KCE-433IV?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you select the iPod on USB if AUX+ is disabled?

Are you sure the iPod is connected with a KCU-440i?

What's the exact model of your iPod?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:31 AM

There is also a USB plug, USB audio says something along the lines of 'no audio' as there isn't anything connected to it. USB iPod doesn't even show up as an option. I had to manually enable AUX+, as nothing showed for the iPod prior to enabling as well.
I'm not using the KCU-440i, it was supplied with this cable (connects with more of a serial adapter instead of USB):

I'll get the iPod model when I get a chance, at work at the moment.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 AM

If you plug the iPod into USB, it should automatically be recognized by the receiver. When you reach the desired particular source, the receiver should connect and begin playing. The same should go for the high speed iPod cable. I would contact Alpine support at 1-800-832-4101.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 AM

I'll try connecting via USB when I can, but it seems odd that it wouldn't work with an interface & cable it was designed and supplied with. Was hoping to keep the USB free to have a phone charger.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:21 AM

USB will provide better sound quality than the high speed connection. You should have full iPod compatibility via USB as well.

There could be an issue with your unit, or perhaps with the high speed cable itself.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by The Internet
There is also a USB plug, USB audio says something along the lines of 'no audio' as there isn't anything connected to it. USB iPod doesn't even show up as an option. I had to manually enable AUX+, as nothing showed for the iPod prior to enabling as well.
I'm not using the KCU-440i, it was supplied with this cable (connects with more of a serial adapter instead of USB):

I'll get the iPod model when I get a chance, at work at the moment.
That's an AI-Net cable. You won't be able to control the iPod through the head unit with it. You should either use the Alpine proprietary cable or the standard Apple iPod cable and connect your iPod to the USB port on the HU.

If you want to keep the USB port free, you can get an AI-Net cable with a 1/8" stereo jack. That way, you can use your headphone output and retain the controls on the iPod itself. This is the setup I have... I don't like going through my huge library on the HU.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 AM

Really? The cable he has looks like the KCE-433IV which does allow control of the iPod playback. Is the CDA-105 incompatible with this cable? It worked with my CDE-125BT. This is of course a different model, I just figured it would be cross compatible.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM

The rear of the unit has an input for this:

It also came with the unit, so I would assume it to be compatible. It may not be, however. Seems odd though...

Quick Reply: Alpine CDA-105 iPod help