S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Alpine CD Changer

Old 08-13-2001, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine CD Changer

I recently read a couple of threads stating that Alpine CD Changer model 620 can be connected to the Standard Honda Head Unit (with a slight mod of swaping two wires on the Din Connector). I found details of the two wires that required swapping & on the strength of this purchased the CD Changer.

Delighted with my new purchase I quickly & easily swapped the two wires, made the connection to the head-unit, pressed the "Tape/CD button" &.........NOTHING?!?!? No change on the head-unit display, not whiring noises from the changer, absolutely no signs of life at all?

I have established that of the 8 wires within the DIN 3 of the supply power to the Changer & that these work perfectly well- i.e. the CD Cartridge can be ejected out of the Changer & when re-inserted the CD transport mechanism loads-in CD no.1. Another three of the wires are for the signal (these are the ones that require swapping) & they neither make a difference in their original configuration or in the revised configuration. That leaves two wires- the Bus & Bus Ground wires. I swapped these (more out of desparation than anything) & it made no difference.

I'm at a loss to know what to do next?? Has anyone successfully achieved mating between the Honda Head Unit & the Alpine Changer model 620?

I have a UK spec car with European head unit- perhaps the US head unit has some fundamental differences which allow the Alpine Changer to work?

Please don't tell me I've just wasted
Old 08-31-2001, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go here... http://integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/dia...agrams/DIN.html

Let me know if it still doesn't work. I'm about to try the reverse, ie, Honda Cd changer on an Alpine unit, and it will save me some grief if I know what to expect.

If it doesn't work, I'll swap my Honda changer for your Alpine changer, how about it?