S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Alarm Issues

Old 01-15-2011, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Issues

Hey,

been having some issues with my aftermarket alarm system, which was installed prior to me purchasing the car.

One night I locked the car as normal, went out and had a couple drinks then in the morning came back to it and try to unlock the car, thinking it was ok I opened the door and the alarm went off. The only way for me to turn off the alarm and mobilise the engine was to use the transponder key directly plugged in to the de-activate port.

Basically two problems, my remote lock/unlock doesn't function anymore. New batteries in the fob and tried the unplug battery trick and nothing. Also if it didn't de-activate the alarm then for all this time the locking mechanism for the driver door has not worked?!

How do I fix it? Or what I should look in to? Immobiliser activates after x seconds but alarm isn't on.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 01-31-2011, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could either be the alarm wiring issue. My alarm was installed incorrectly the first time, similar issue. When i hit unlock on my clifford FOB the alarm would deactive, but my doors THEN locked. When i armed the system it would arm the alarm, but UNlock the doors. It was the wiring that was messed up.
There is one wire that locks BOTH doors, however there is a seperate wire that unlocks each door. Check if both doors are not locking/unlocking. If they arnt then its probably a problem with your alarm itself.
If the alarm is not connected to the door actuators (somehow disconnected) then that could cause this as well.