S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

7" Widescreen Touch monitor in radio door area

Old 12-02-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What parts don't you like? I don't think I have the skill to get it OEM quality.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2kx2,Dec 2 2006, 08:00 PM
Looks good, but I think you could have done some more fine sanding to really make it look like a factory piece.
You do understand he's not done right?...
Old 12-02-2006, 09:21 PM

Can't wait to see it installed! I just might follow in your footsteps.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

EDIT: I was going to relocate the screen from up there, to where the cd player goes, and I wanted it to look somewhat like yours does but in the tegs cd location..

Looks very nice! I was going to make something just like that for the Carpc I had in my 1994 Integra, but I have since bought an 01 S2K and now I want to do it to this. I hated the idea of cutting the dash!!

Carpc in Teg

The first car pc case (I now have a better one, Well, I thought i had them uploaded, but i don't and the PC that has them is not wanting to load anything right now, I will update my post so you can see the plexi glass case I made).This was on the floor behind the pass seat during testing to make sure everything worked correctly, not its final resting place.

I am like you, I wanted the car pc to be a multi use item. I already have Iguidance for GPS, external sound card and the entire carpc set ready to go. As I had it in my teg for about 7-8 months. I only have like 1200 songs on it, but I have 180gb hard drive So, there is plenty of room left for more songs and movies, tuning items and all the goods.

Now, I just have to start on a screen bezel project. Yours looks very nice, and as I wanted mine to look like!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:44 AM

[Quote] I was going to just be careful not to use the vent setting, but I am going to just duct tape it off to be sure.

I bet it would be a PITA to move that SRS unit. Stand alone screen is the way to go if you want to put it anywhere except inside of a dash cut out.[/Quote)

Yeah, the SRS unit looked to be a PITA, but it was do-able. The main thing with me is I dont have the fabrication skills you guys have. I think I might purchase another radio door assembly over the break and try and make something similar (slowly, of course), but I have never made something out of fiberglass that needed to be finished (bondo etc). I will re-wire just about anything, and do it confidently, but when it comes to fabing things.....

I would look into some actual pressurized duct material from home depot (the silver stuff) and a duct clamp instead of duct tape. Duct tape works well for anything NOT involving moisture (moisture actually breaks down the adhesive...counter to its origina design intentions). Home Depot should have some duct clamps that screw tight. That will ensure that no air gets through.

Good progress!

John
Old 12-03-2006, 10:37 AM

Got the screen in and ran the wires to the trunk today. I will be trying to get the PC set up next week if time allows. Pic added to first post.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Dec 2 2006, 05:20 PM
What parts don't you like? I don't think I have the skill to get it OEM quality.
Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't like it. I think it is awesome. Great product. My intent wasn't to bash by any means.

It could just be from the reflections from the flash but it looks a little uneven. Nothing bad, and it could all be an illusion from the camera.

I know you and darkknight have really turned out a nice product.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:17 AM

No offense taken. I fully understand that it isn't perfect by any means, I was just wonderign if there was a part you thought in particular that I should have changed. darkknnight didn't end up finsihing it for me, I was too impatient.
I didn't mean my post to seem like I was pissed at all. I was seriously wondering.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:41 AM

HAHA I thought I was impatient Looks good Jeff
Old 12-03-2006, 11:48 AM

Thanks John. Are we still on for next weekend for the dynamat? Can you PM me your # because I changed phones and lost it. I wanted to ask you about some other speaker related stuff.

Quick Reply: 7" Widescreen Touch monitor in radio door area