S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

20th Anniversary Footwell Light Schematic?

Old 05-30-2024, 08:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 20th Anniversary Footwell Light Schematic?

Now that the 20th Anniversary footwell lights have been sold out for a long time, has anyone produced a schematic of the wiring harness Honda created for the two LEDs? The most unique aspect of their implementation is allowing the lights to function by either opening a door at full brightness or when the dash illuminated at a lower brightness.

In looking at some of the installation pictures, Honda also elected to connect into what I think is the dome light wiring harness found in the passenger footwell. Does anyone know where to get the same connectors to make a plug and play harness just as Honda did?
Old 06-03-2024, 04:05 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you know the type of connectors or have a picture try CYCLETERMINAL.COM super nice guy would also be interested in building a set for myself
Old 06-03-2024, 06:41 AM

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by trackmagic
If you know the type of connectors or have a picture try CYCLETERMINAL.COM super nice guy would also be interested in building a set for myself
this.

i messaged him the other day with a pic of the connector on my boost controller. got it sorted fast!
Old 06-04-2024, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the tip! I think I found the connectors on CycleTerminal.com! I sent a note to the guy with pictures to confirm. I'll report back what I find out.

These connectors will make it super easy to do basic on/off wiring without having to go through the trouble of tapping directly into the two wires. I still have no idea how Honda wired in the illumination circuit into the same harness.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wirebrat
Thanks for the tip! I think I found the connectors on CycleTerminal.com! I sent a note to the guy with pictures to confirm. I'll report back what I find out.

These connectors will make it super easy to do basic on/off wiring without having to go through the trouble of tapping directly into the two wires. I still have no idea how Honda wired in the illumination circuit into the same harness.
Should be able to get connectors to just plug into the 12v fuse block. I believe "illumination" is what you'd want if you're trying to do footwell: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un...-type-1211700/
Old 06-15-2024, 02:14 PM

For those who want the connectors, I can confirm the 2-pin HD 090 male and female connectors are the exact match.

You can find them here:
Sumitomo HD Non-Sealed Connectors and Terminals

Unfortunately, merely tapping into these is not going to control footwell lights. The 2-pin harness has an always on positive lead and a switched positive lead. The switched positive lead is ON when the door is CLOSED and off then the door is open. So now I'm scratching my head wondering how Honda made this work with their harness.
Old 06-17-2024, 07:47 AM

Received 1,381 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Originally Posted by wirebrat
... The 2-pin harness has an always on positive lead and a switched positive lead. The switched positive lead is ON when the door is CLOSED and off then the door is open. So now I'm scratching my head wondering how Honda made this work with their harness.
Maybe using a relay, and using the normally closed wires?

A typical relay used in automotive has a pair of no leads, and a pair of nc leads (Normally Open, Normally Closed).
Old 06-17-2024, 08:43 AM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Maybe using a relay, and using the normally closed wires?

A typical relay used in automotive has a pair of no leads, and a pair of nc leads (Normally Open, Normally Closed).
I would assume a relay is involved as well, but not seeing one in the harness here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-mo...w-diy-1204381/
but i agree a relay should achieve what OP is trying to do
Old 06-24-2024, 09:40 AM

I’m not familiar with how to wire up a relay, but am willing to try.

First, would anyone have a recommendation as to a suitable relay to purchase?

Second, can anyone advise how I would go about wiring up the circuit? The dome light wiring has a constant always on positive lead and a second lead that will energize when the door is closed.
Old 06-24-2024, 09:53 AM

I think a relay like what is described below is what I need. Thinking aloud, I would connect the wire that energizes to pin 85, ground to pin 86. This would be controlling the relay. I would connect the constant always on wire to 30 and the LEDs positive lead to 87. LED negative lead would be connected to ground.

Does that sound right?

Quick Reply: 20th Anniversary Footwell Light Schematic?