S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 09-14-2012, 06:52 AM
Community OrganizerModerator

Received 67 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm pondering picking these up.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by #172CR

Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiit!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:14 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by #172CR
I am getting my alignment this morning then hitting Hwy88, the canyons that I took you on when you came out to visit. I will be taking video and doing a mini photoshoot throughout the day. I am sure once you see some more pictures and more of my review you will want them!!!

I have only ever hit one curb when parking but that was in my old s2000 and luckily the curb was not bolted down so i just pushed it back about 1 inch. A little tip though, creep into the spot, and IF you have cars on either side use the reflection in those cars to judge where you are in the space and if you have more room to pull in. To be honest though, the S is a small car and spots are so big there is never a need to pull very far into a spot. I always have walking room between my car and a curb in the front.

Good to hear you enjoy the springs on the track. My buddy ran probably 80+ laps on the ring with these springs, and I also did a few laps around the ring on swift spec r's. I did love how the car felt and never had an issue with rubbing even under full compression after catching air!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Go2

Looking forward to pics and vid adrs2k

Ira.... drive up, and you can drive mine to help you spend the money lol
Old 09-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Community OrganizerModerator

Received 67 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Go2
Ira.... drive up, and you can drive mine to help you spend the money lol
That is the last thing I need right now
Old 09-15-2012, 06:56 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Hope this helps your decision Ira!!

Got my car aligned yesterday at SOS here in AZ. Wow, wait to you see what they have coming out next for the S2000

Alignment specs are as follows:

Front
6.3 degrees caster
0 toe
-1.8 camber (Achievable max was -2.2 but that was with 5.8 degrees caster) On the street and back roads I prefer to have caster over camber)

Rear
3/16" total toe in
-2.8 camber (Achievable max was -3.3)

The car is much more solid and I can feel the increased grip in the corners from the increased camber. I also am happy with the toe settings so far. I only did some back road driving where understeer was never an issue, but based on my drive I was really happy with the way the car performed. Car turns in very quickly and felt neutral all the way thru the corner and thru the exit. Granted I am on public roads and not pushing the car, and the types of turns I was taking I never noticed understeer before. Taking some on ramps at moderate speed the car def felt more neutral and I didnt need to use the throttle to steer the car. It is nice to have the car do what I want now, as opposed to having to drive the car a certain way to get it to drive the way I want.

Springs impressions. As I said before the ride is much smoother now. Highway expansion joints and bumps on the highway are absorbed and are barely felt compared to stock. The back roads I were on are pretty torn up and like a washboard in certain areas. The car was FANTASTIC in those areas. Car absorbed the bumps and was fairly smooth. I had no traction issues or wheel hop coming out of bumpy corners. Compared to stock this was another big improvement. I never felt the car "skipping" over bumps. The car reacts and transitions much faster now. From turn in until the car "sets" has improved and quickened and inspires a lot more confidence. I am very happy with how the springs perform. Its not a huge improvement, but is very noticeable and the car to me feels better. I was far more comfortable pushing the car in corners as it felt more planted and stable and did not get upset by bumps mid corner. I also prefer a car that sets quickly as it makes me feel more comfortable and confident in the car. Again I cant say these are a performance increasing part and make the car faster, but I do believe that I could drive the car faster because of the feedback I get from the car now. Oh and, the car looks amazing!!! The ride height is about perfect, although I would not mind the front being a tad higher. The car looks proper and very sporty. I got lots of compliments from SOS and the other S2000 member that I went on the drive with. Car looks great! Only downside is I have to be more careful now, and the wheels are a bit too sunken in for me, but this is all about performance and not ruining fenders.

Two pics and a short video of the road and me putting around. Obviously its a public road, with traffic, and we had some heavy rain earlier in the week and there was a lot of gravel down in places so I had to be leery of that. There is a point in this video where I slide a little through some gravel but I saw it and was ready for it. All in all had a fun day and I am really enjoying the car right now. For those without I/TP/E and a tune, take note how I short shift and am always in the power band. I dont really even use second gear that often before of the extra 30lb-ft of torque in the mid range after my tune.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41071623@N03/7986887631/http://www.flickr.com/photos/41071623@N03/7986887631/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/41071623@N03/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41071623@N03/7986897550/http://www.flickr.com/photos/41071623@N03/7986897550/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/41071623@N03/, on Flickr

Here is my first video with the Hero2. I def need to tweak the setup, mainly in the sound arena. Just a short clip of my cruise.

720p 60fps
wide angle
spot metering on
Modifry low profile mount
Used foam weather stripping between the modifry mount and top of secret compartment
Used foam weather stripping in a few places inside the compartment to eliminate plastic on plastic rubbing (door closes tighter now)
Used the white rubber piece from gopro to help keep camera mount from rattling
Used the non-waterproof skeleton door

I def forgot and need to turn the radio off next time!! I also did get too much wind noise so I need an external mic or I will at least try the other case. My car is fairly loud so I think you will still be able to hear it when im on it.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:18 AM

wow, nice vid, make me want to take mine out for a spin right now. I wish MN has roads like your.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great review! thanks for being objective as well as subjective about the springs
Jumpman2k had spacers made for the top hats that raised the front height a bit

might work for you
Name:  bluethumb.gif
Views: 913
Size:  400 Bytes
Old 09-17-2012, 06:40 PM

Is anyone competing at AutoX or the track with this setup? I'm interested in hearing feedback about how the loss in travel has affected your times and control of the car under full compression.

Has anyone tried running this setup with a square 17x9 +63 w/ 255s setup? Any fender damage from track/autox (not street) use?

Debating whether to go with Ohlins, Penske, etc. or just be a cheapskate and do springs if it gets me in the ballpark performance-wise.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by skibbz
Is anyone competing at AutoX or the track with this setup? I'm interested in hearing feedback about how the loss in travel has affected your times and control of the car under full compression.

Has anyone tried running this setup with a square 17x9 +63 w/ 255s setup? Any fender damage from track/autox (not street) use?

Debating whether to go with Ohlins, Penske, etc. or just be a cheapskate and do springs if it gets me in the ballpark performance-wise.

Thanks!
You will probably rub away your fender liners and blip the fender tab from track use. I can't comment on autox since I've never my car there before.

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review