S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Car looks great!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Thanks SIr . Not an expert, but my pics while I'm vewing them from my phone which I took them from, don't look this horrible lol

@7ackD1... bout an inch up front and half in rear.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:28 AM

John I just bought Swift spec R lowering springs for my CR i wanted to get some feedback from you and see what you thought about it let me know please
Old 07-19-2012, 10:37 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just installed some Swift Spec-R's along with some OTS Koni Yellows (Sports) and dropped the car back on its wheels for the first time last night. DAMN does the front sit lower than I thought it would. I hate when people talk in "finger gaps" but since I didn't measure properly yet... the rear is about a two finger gap, and the front I can barely get my index finger in there! Lower than I was expecting, especially for just having put it back on its wheels without any settling on the springs yet. And yes, the Koni's are all on their upper perch.

Time will tell, and I need to stiffen up the Koni's before I say too much, but I felt some dragging over the multitude of bumps and dips in my neighborhood, but no issues getting in and out of my driveway nor any issues at higher speeds.

Now what is this that I have seen where some people reverse the springs and put the 7.5's in the rear and the 7.0's in the front?

*edit - Sorry to barge in on you CR guys... did a search and didn't notice what forum this was posted in!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:08 AM
Go2

Originally Posted by Phoenix2K
John I just bought Swift spec R lowering springs for my CR i wanted to get some feedback from you and see what you thought about it let me know please
For the ride height, the CR looks like it should have come from the factory IMO with my current setup. I dont autoX or race mine so I cant give you feed back there, but as far as spirited driving and DD goes I can. The harshness of every imperfection is smoothed out and handling seems to be very similar to the stock CR springs. To reiterate, I am still on the original CR struts and now just over 19k on the car.

Congrats on your new CR! Hope you find our little corner of the world helpful and fun!

John
Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emerckx53
Sorry, more questions. What about the non Spec R Swifts? Just the regular sports springs to lower the car? Would it be a better match to the struts.
if you have a CR, don't get the regular sport mach. the stock CR dampers are too much for the sport mach. we put the sport mach on the cr shocks on my friend's ap2, and the front end according to him feels over damped.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Go2
Originally Posted by Phoenix2K' timestamp='1342711721' post='21872617
For the ride height, the CR looks like it should have come from the factory IMO with my current setup. I dont autoX or race mine so I cant give you feed back there, but as far as spirited driving and DD goes I can. The harshness of every imperfection is smoothed out and handling seems to be very similar to the stock CR springs. To reiterate, I am still on the original CR struts and now just over 19k on the car.

Congrats on your new CR! Hope you find our little corner of the world helpful and fun!

John
Thank john yea i just use my CR for DD use i dont track the car or anything like that so im getting my springs installeed Tuseday with the diff apacers so from your feedback i feel cofident in them im excited to get them put on. ill post some pics up when there on
Old 07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Go2

Old 07-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Are you guys able to get alignment in to an acceptable range with the Spec R's?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Go2
Originally Posted by Phoenix2K' timestamp='1342711721' post='21872617

John
John i just put on my swift springs and i love them feels almost as factory springs but handle alot better the drop i got wasnt bad either
Attached Thumbnails Swift Spec R.... Review-imag0517.jpg  

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review