S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 03-23-2015, 02:51 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I agreee with darkfalcon's comment at the top of the page. Minimal difference on the track, but nicer appearance and ride quality on the street.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:56 PM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I'm looking into getting CR shocks with Swift Spec R springs for my 2007 s2000. I'm going to be competing in a time attack up here in Ontario and I'm trying to figure out the best suspension for me, without breaking the bank spending $3000+. I've landed on the aggressive damping of the CR shocks with these springs. I'll be adding roll center adjusters for the front and back as well, so I'll have proper camber adjustments on all 4 corners.

What do you CR guys think? Would this combo help me get better lap times? With the stiffer springs, and the great OEM valving? I feel strongly that getting a better lap time with suspension is $3000+, which is KW Clubsports, Motons, JRZ, expensive... I feel this is better than OEM with stiffer springs, and OEM-ish (CR lol) quality/consistency. Or would the straight OEM CR suspension be better?

I run a 235/255 stagger 17x9 square wheels, MY00 front sway bar, if that helps.
You can't run a roll center adjuster with these springs, because the roll center adjuster actually will lower the car further which will make your ride height way to low. I think you mean camber joint? You do not need a camber joint in the rear though, only the front.

The swift springs I still believe offer some advantages over stock springs, but its not a measurable performance gain. If you want the lowered look and possibly better ride go with Swifts. If you do not care about looks, then just go straight OEM CR until you want to go to the next level. Depending on your skill level, the CR suspension is a great upgrade and will be plenty for most people for a couple years of tracking at least before the need to move onto something adjustable.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1427085228' post='23550696
I'm looking into getting CR shocks with Swift Spec R springs for my 2007 s2000. I'm going to be competing in a time attack up here in Ontario and I'm trying to figure out the best suspension for me, without breaking the bank spending $3000+. I've landed on the aggressive damping of the CR shocks with these springs. I'll be adding roll center adjusters for the front and back as well, so I'll have proper camber adjustments on all 4 corners.

What do you CR guys think? Would this combo help me get better lap times? With the stiffer springs, and the great OEM valving? I feel strongly that getting a better lap time with suspension is $3000+, which is KW Clubsports, Motons, JRZ, expensive... I feel this is better than OEM with stiffer springs, and OEM-ish (CR lol) quality/consistency. Or would the straight OEM CR suspension be better?

You can't run a roll center adjuster with these springs, because the roll center adjuster actually will lower the car further which will make your ride height way to low. I think you mean camber joint? You do not need a camber joint in the rear though, only the front.

The swift springs I still believe offer some advantages over stock springs, but its not a measurable performance gain. If you want the lowered look and possibly better ride go with Swifts. If you do not care about looks, then just go straight OEM CR until you want to go to the next level. Depending on your skill level, the CR suspension is a great upgrade and will be plenty for most people for a couple years of tracking at least before the need to move onto something adjustable.
My bad, yes I did mean camber joint. I guess there is no point to that though really.

I'd much prefer to have the OEM springs on CR shocks for the longevity, and for them to work precisely as designed. I don't care about looks all that much, but if I do decide it bothers me, I can always order the lowering springs.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:01 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

If you ever want to take a break from Toronto winters and head to Arizona, let me know.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
If you ever want to take a break from Toronto winters and head to Arizona, let me know.
Next winter I may take you up on that!

Never been to Arizona I'd be curious to see what it's like
Old 03-24-2015, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1427151382' post='23551758
[quote name='FluKy15' timestamp='1427085228' post='23550696']

My bad, yes I did mean camber joint. I guess there is no point to that though really.

I'd much prefer to have the OEM springs on CR shocks for the longevity, and for them to work precisely as designed. I don't care about looks all that much, but if I do decide it bothers me, I can always order the lowering springs.
[/quote]

No problem! I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page speaking the same language . You will want/need front camber joints because the front camber bolts max out at around -1.5 degrees at stock ride height, and at about -2.2 degrees on the swift springs. If you are serious into tracking, you need a lot more camber than that.

Luckily the rear does not need camber joints and you can get plenty of camber there.

Just rock stock CR shocks and springs, and then like you said, you can always add springs later.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:54 AM

I already have the camber joints sitting at home ready to be put on . I have my alignment I want already too. Oh, I'm also going to RTD this year.

I'm pretty serious about my tracking. Entering a time attack for the season. My first time attack event I entered I had no racing brakes, MY07 OEM shocks and springs, still came in third place. Was 0.01 seconds away from second, that hurt... I'm hoping with these few things I should be a real contender for the entire season and not just one event.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:19 PM

Let us know how you like the CR suspension and how much your lap times improve! Good luck
Old 05-05-2015, 07:00 AM

I love the CR suspension! Feels great, stiffer, just what I needed. I can now run 255 square and get away with it. I don't feel there's a huge improvement over my 06 suspension in terms of performance, but I believe it's there. With the stiffer front spring it will allow me to run bigger front tires without lifting my rear inside tire every turn though which is nice. The stiffer suspension is a huge plus I don't feel my car diving everywhere. I don't feel like it has a huge amount of grip difference it just allows for me to put more grip on my car, if that makes sense?

If I go back to non-CR for competition, I'll likely use 08-09 front and 06-07 rear with 255 square. I hope I don't have to do that though I like this setup and it's a pain switching again.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a set of CR dampers with these springs on my car last week, and took it out for a group drive. Exactly what I wanted for the car in terms of responsiveness and feel. (next up, stiffer sways)

This set seems to be one of the special sets as well, in that the fronts seem lower. I will do a proper measurement from the lower arm adjuster bolts soon. Everything was properly installed and pre-loaded though. Any updates from the folks that have spacers up front?

Here's the only pic I have from the setup, not the best profile shot to show front to back comparison, but still love the look:

Honda S2000 by sse2k, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review