S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 10-08-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by darkfalcon

I just tracked mine at Thunderhill West two weeks ago. THW is a very technical track with lots of elevation, corners everywhere, and hairpins. I can't really say there was any added benefit from the lower center of gravity, since the Swift Springs are very similar to the CR OEM springs in terms of stiffness. It felt really good on the track, and the car was grippy on high speed corners. I still have to work out my alignment (1.0 front, 2.2 rear), and I had nearly brand new Potenza S-04 tires (225 front 255 rear). If I was doing the original Thunderhill track, in which I did the OEM CR spring/shock combo, then I might have more input on the actual difference. I'm very happy with the drop, as it has settled very nice in both front and rear. It's about a 1 finger gap for both the front and rear. When I first installed them, the front was 2 finger, rear 1.5. It's been 3 months on this setup and I can say that if you like the CR suspension, but just want it a little lower than stock height, the CR Shock/Swift Spec R Spring combo is your best bet
I'm really digging the white hardtop on the white CR. Pulling the windshield tape really makes it look much better.

Do you have any more pictures of your car that you can share?
Old 10-08-2014, 07:28 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

That does look good. Only color where I think that works. Maybe black as well.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to do the koni yellow and swift r combo. Does anyone have any experience with this setup. I have searched but have found limited results. I have a 05 ap2 and recently ordered the koni yellows to replace a blown front strut. I feel this is an opportune time to swap out the springs. I currently have hankook v12 evos on my rims right now. I run 225s up front and 255s in the rear. From what I have read this combo works and won't rub at the highest perch. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this setup? If this is not ideal what springs would one recommend with the koni yellows aside from gc and custom springs?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:05 PM

Not seen that combo on your car. Adam was telling me that Ap1 shocks with swift R's might work well.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:10 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by bakedgoods
I am looking to do the koni yellow and swift r combo. Does anyone have any experience with this setup. I have searched but have found limited results. I have a 05 ap2 and recently ordered the koni yellows to replace a blown front strut. I feel this is an opportune time to swap out the springs. I currently have hankook v12 evos on my rims right now. I run 225s up front and 255s in the rear. From what I have read this combo works and won't rub at the highest perch. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this setup? If this is not ideal what springs would one recommend with the koni yellows aside from gc and custom springs?
This is a fairly common setup, but not something CR owners do. Head over to the brakes and suspension subforum. There are a lot of threads and discussions regarding the koni's and swift spec r. From what I remember everyone seems very happy with this setup and its a good upgrade for Ap1 and Ap2 owners.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

8 months on the car, both front and rears at an even height. Still loving it!

Old 02-01-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by darkfalcon
8 months on the car, both front and rears at an even height. Still loving it!

Has the ride changed? Did it get any bumpier over time?
Just curious as this would be the setup I would go if I had to choose springs.
I should get a ride from you before you change up your setup.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by nos4you
Has the ride changed? Did it get any bumpier over time?
Just curious as this would be the setup I would go if I had to choose springs.
I should get a ride from you before you change up your setup.

It's still very similar to the OEM CR setup. It has perhaps a little less body roll than before, but otherwise drives the same. I probably will have a full coilover setup in the future, yeah.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:55 AM

I believe CR shocks were used in development/testing of Swift R springs. I have seen plenty of posts using Koni Yellows with them. Do a search. Unsure about your "rear bias" question. I'm sure some others will be able to answer that.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking into getting CR shocks with Swift Spec R springs for my 2007 s2000. I'm going to be competing in a time attack up here in Ontario and I'm trying to figure out the best suspension for me, without breaking the bank spending $3000+. I've landed on the aggressive damping of the CR shocks with these springs. I'll be adding roll center adjusters for the front and back as well, so I'll have proper camber adjustments on all 4 corners.

What do you CR guys think? Would this combo help me get better lap times? With the stiffer springs, and the great OEM valving? I feel strongly that getting a better lap time with suspension is $3000+, which is KW Clubsports, Motons, JRZ, expensive... I feel this is better than OEM with stiffer springs, and OEM-ish (CR lol) quality/consistency. Or would the straight OEM CR suspension be better?

I run a 235/255 stagger 17x9 square wheels, MY00 front sway bar, if that helps.

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review