S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 07-25-2014, 08:47 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah his car rocks. Why do you have to make all other ABP's look so crappy Adam? Just kidding. On another note a rain shoot would be very cool.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Community OrganizerModerator

Received 67 Likes on 55 Posts

Rain?! Haha eek. Come to Oregon; we've got plenty to spare!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherHalf
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1405348622' post='23242860
Picture of me rolling on my "special springs". All I hear is that my car looks lower than every other car on these springs. I must have gotten the special edition Swift Spec R springs!

On the move by Adrs2k, on Flickr
You do realize your CR has become THE ABP CR as a result of all your amazing photos. When I do a Google image search of the S2000 CR, your's are the only ones worth clicking on. They would have sold all ~1400 if they would have used your photos over the washed out press photos.

Making ABP owners proud

Did they new sell all the blue CRs?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Picture of me rolling on my "special springs". All I hear is that my car looks lower than every other car on these springs. I must have gotten the special edition Swift Spec R springs!

Look good man! And thanks for all the helpful reviews in this thread!
Old 09-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Does anyone have any experience of before and after of tracking with these springs? Any time drop by adding these? I have put 8 track days on my OEM suspension, I am looking at these for next year or possibly KW suspension. I am still working on me as a driver. I am definitely making my OEM suspension work out on the track, but it would be nice to stiffen up the stock shocks and make it the car settle faster.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

I just tracked mine at Thunderhill West two weeks ago. THW is a very technical track with lots of elevation, corners everywhere, and hairpins. I can't really say there was any added benefit from the lower center of gravity, since the Swift Springs are very similar to the CR OEM springs in terms of stiffness. It felt really good on the track, and the car was grippy on high speed corners. I still have to work out my alignment (1.0 front, 2.2 rear), and I had nearly brand new Potenza S-04 tires (225 front 255 rear). If I was doing the original Thunderhill track, in which I did the OEM CR spring/shock combo, then I might have more input on the actual difference. I'm very happy with the drop, as it has settled very nice in both front and rear. It's about a 1 finger gap for both the front and rear. When I first installed them, the front was 2 finger, rear 1.5. It's been 3 months on this setup and I can say that if you like the CR suspension, but just want it a little lower than stock height, the CR Shock/Swift Spec R Spring combo is your best bet
Old 09-30-2014, 02:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pastoli
Does anyone have any experience of before and after of tracking with these springs? Any time drop by adding these? I have put 8 track days on my OEM suspension, I am looking at these for next year or possibly KW suspension. I am still working on me as a driver. I am definitely making my OEM suspension work out on the track, but it would be nice to stiffen up the stock shocks and make it the car settle faster.
I know you hear this all the time when asking these types of questions, but I think you'd end up with a better improvement on your laptime if you spent that money on another track day or two. I would stay stock until you're ready for shocks and springs. Dampening has a greater effect on the car's capability than ride height or spring rate for the most part.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Kami Speed
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1405348622' post='23242860

Look good man! And thanks for all the helpful reviews in this thread!

Looks like I'll be putting in an order with you this winter. I think after a year of going back and forth with next steps, I think this is the route I'm going to take.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:36 AM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds good! Cannot go wrong with the Spec Rs.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:35 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Guess this along with some new wheels will be under the Christmas tree for me this year...

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review