S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 06-01-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by darkfalcon
Hey guys,

I installed fairly new CR suspension and sways in November 2012 on my '06, putting about 16k on them since then. After doing a few track days a year, I feel like I want to move on to a new setup. But I do like the CR suspension, and I don't want just dump them after a year and half of using them. I've been looking at getting the Swift Spec R springs, and after going over this thread, I'm still not sure if I should go for it.

I've been contemplating getting KW V3's, which would be pretty awesome, but then my CR suspension would just be sitting in the garage, which I rather not sell because it was so hard to find in the first place. I guess I'm asking if the switch to Swift Spec R's would be the best for my situation.
You are comparing $320 springs to $2,000 coilovers. Why do you want to move on? What isn't the CR suspension doing good enough, or what would you change about it? Obviously most people prefer a lowered ride height, in which case the Swift springs are a great option because the CR suspension is already very capable (just needs to be lower for looks). I have been on the CR/Swift setup for a long time and I still do love it. I would like coilovers so I can change the ride height slightly, and also adjust the ride, but its hard to spend the money on coilovers because they are not going to make the car leaps and bounds better. I would mainly want coilovers so I can adjust and compensate for my non-staggered wheels/tires.

The KW's will give you a smoother more compliant ride around town, and offer maybe a very minor performance increase. You also can adjust the ride height to your liking and adjust compression and rebound. If you are a set it and forget it type of person then KW might be overkill.

It is a tough call...

If all you really want is maybe a slightly smoother ride, and lowered ride height then Swifts are the way to go. Plus they are only $320 so its not a lot of money to buy them and try them out. I guarantee you will be happy with them for awhile and in another few years maybe you can upgrade to something like a KW if you feel the need to change or find yourself wanting adjustments.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
You are comparing $320 springs to $2,000 coilovers. Why do you want to move on? What isn't the CR suspension doing good enough, or what would you change about it? Obviously most people prefer a lowered ride height, in which case the Swift springs are a great option because the CR suspension is already very capable (just needs to be lower for looks). I have been on the CR/Swift setup for a long time and I still do love it. I would like coilovers so I can change the ride height slightly, and also adjust the ride, but its hard to spend the money on coilovers because they are not going to make the car leaps and bounds better. I would mainly want coilovers so I can adjust and compensate for my non-staggered wheels/tires.

The KW's will give you a smoother more compliant ride around town, and offer maybe a very minor performance increase. You also can adjust the ride height to your liking and adjust compression and rebound. If you are a set it and forget it type of person then KW might be overkill.

It is a tough call...

If all you really want is maybe a slightly smoother ride, and lowered ride height then Swifts are the way to go. Plus they are only $320 so its not a lot of money to buy them and try them out. I guarantee you will be happy with them for awhile and in another few years maybe you can upgrade to something like a KW if you feel the need to change or find yourself wanting adjustments.
I actually feel like the CR suspension is just fine for what I do, as I feel that by getting the KWV3's, I would have set it up to be similar with a lower ride height, with stiffer settings while keeping the ratio of the front/rear the same as the CR suspension. Your post pretty much nailed it on the head with the kind of feedback I am looking for, since I'm trying to justify paying several times more for going for a KW setup as opposed to getting these Swift springs. I'm not one to be constantly adjusting the settings on suspension very often, and I think I'll go ahead and try these Swift springs and hopefully they will not disappoint. Do you guys run with an axle spacer with these, as I hear it should be installed on lowered cars. Thanks for your post!
Old 06-02-2014, 05:58 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Glad I could help! The Swift ride height is pretty close to being perfect as is. I wouldnt mind having a slightly higher front ride height though, but that is getting picky!

No need to run the axle spacers imo. It is only a 1" drop and I believe AP2's don't have as many issues with the axles compared to AP1's.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:05 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I actually feel like the CR suspension is just fine for what I do, as I feel that by getting the KWV3's, I would have set it up to be similar with a lower ride height, with stiffer settings while keeping the ratio of the front/rear the same as the CR suspension. Your post pretty much nailed it on the head with the kind of feedback I am looking for, since I'm trying to justify paying several times more for going for a KW setup as opposed to getting these Swift springs. I'm not one to be constantly adjusting the settings on suspension very often, and I think I'll go ahead and try these Swift springs and hopefully they will not disappoint. Do you guys run with an axle spacer with these, as I hear it should be installed on lowered cars. Thanks for your post!
I also went with Adams recommendation on the swifts. You won't be disappointed.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:16 AM
Community Organizer

Thanks guys. I made my order with Evasive. Should be on the car real soon
Old 06-22-2014, 04:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys. I made my order with Evasive. Should be on the car real soon
Oh snap
Old 06-24-2014, 05:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That was fast.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Community Organizer

Name:  IMG_4919_zpsd6852297.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  98.6 KB

Got 'em! Just to be sure, the part number is 4H007R, for those who already have it on their CR's? Hopefully these will be on the car shortly.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Got 'em! Just to be sure, the part number is 4H007R, for those who already have it on their CR's? Hopefully these will be on the car shortly.
Nice. Take some pics close up so we can see the actual drop compared to others.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Community Organizer

Alright, time for a quick review. Keep in mind I have these springs on for less than a week, so there's still time to adjust and comment on the springs as time goes on. Install was quick, straight swapping the OEM springs for these:

Name:  SwiftSpec-RinstalledonCRsuspension1_zpsfade5741.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  106.3 KB
Name:  SwiftSpec-RinstalledonCRsuspension2_zps96c241d1.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  72.8 KB

Here was my best measured comparison, and it gives the drop that I want, with the fronts slightly higher. I do not know if these springs will 'settle' and drop (hopefully they do), as the fronts are a half inch higher than the rears. The car drives and rides pretty much like the OEM CR springs. Of course, I still have to do an alignment later on, which I'll probably do after I get new tires (both the front and the rear are at the wear bars already.
Name:  CRvsSwiftSpec-R_zps4823a090.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  109.2 KB

I can barely clear the driveway!
Name:  CRvsSwiftSpec-R-Driveway_zps0ff17a27.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  86.9 KB

I do love the drop now, giving a chance to continue using the CR suspension with the enhanced drop the springs now provide.
Name:  CRSwiftSpec-R2_zpsf250e209.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  67.4 KB
Name:  CRSwiftSpec-R1_zps60a5edf5.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  72.4 KB

I did not get any axle spacers for the car, and so far I don't feel or hear any weird noises from the chassis, so that should be good. Time will tell if these springs, once given time and use, will be of noticeable effect. I hope that the fronts will drop a little bit more, otherwise I might have fronts preloaded again. Can't wait to put the hardtop back on for more pictures!

Name:  SwiftSpec-R_zpsaf5a969e.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  87.6 KB

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review