S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 03-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldo
Finally found a set of these and installed them over the weekend. The passenger side is about half an inch higher than the other side. Do these take time to settle?
Mine are the same way.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:00 PM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Swift springs do not settle. Here are all of my measurements. The difference in height is normal. Due to the cross weights of the car each corner of the car will have a different height because of the amount of weight on it.

Stock Body 2008 S2000 CR
225/255 Hankook RS3's inflated to 34psi
Measured from the bottom of the metal fender to the ground (flat level garage floor) and all measurements are in inches.

Clicky for measurements
[attachment=36392:Swift Spec R Measurments.jpg]

I would actually love to get my car on a scale and see what my cross weights really are...

***UPDATED THE MEASUREMENTS SPREADSHEET TO INCLUDE SIDE TO SIDE DIFFERENCES AND COMPARISONS*** I will say the side to side differences I measured between stock CR and Swift Spec R are insignificant and probably come from lack of precision in measuring.
Attached Thumbnails Swift Spec R.... Review-swift-spec-r-measurments.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:10 AM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice speadsheet Adam! Per our conversation via PM, thats pretty dead on to my measurements with the exception of having DWs and I didn't check the air pressure
Old 03-31-2013, 10:24 PM
Ldo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So from the height difference in that spreadsheet, the left front is over 100# heavier than the right front? With the driver, that difference could go up over 200#. Need a heavy passenger to compensate.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ldo
So from the height difference in that spreadsheet, the left front is over 100# heavier than the right front? With the driver, that difference could go up over 200#. Need a heavy passenger to compensate.
I am not sure how you are extrapolating weights from the spreadsheet. Do you know what the corner weights are on a stock CR?

On a S2000 I do not know the correlation between height and weight and that is only something that is usually known on a car that has spent a significant amount of time getting corner balanced. When you take good notes when you corner balance a car you can get to the point where you know that if I turn the spring perch up 2 turns that equals moving 50lbs from this corner to that corner. Just using that as an example.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

^^^

Are you on the stock Ap2 shocks with those springs?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Ldo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Originally Posted by Ldo' timestamp='1364797487' post='22442226
I am not sure how you are extrapolating weights from the spreadsheet. Do you know what the corner weights are on a stock CR?

On a S2000 I do not know the correlation between height and weight and that is only something that is usually known on a car that has spent a significant amount of time getting corner balanced. When you take good notes when you corner balance a car you can get to the point where you know that if I turn the spring perch up 2 turns that equals moving 50lbs from this corner to that corner. Just using that as an example.
Nothing scientific or official from my guess, the stock spring rate is 392 lbs/in, so from your spreadsheet, the left spring deflected 0.375" more, that's 0.375" x 392#/in = 147 lbs. Assuming all springs were created equal, of course.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:16 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Originally Posted by uLmighty' timestamp='1359014842' post='22288578
im really considering in buying this springs. i have a buddy whos selling me kwv3 for 1700 but i dont track my car and i know v3 are really good. i mostly do spirited driving once in a while in the canyons with friends. i will be ordering this in couple weeks. hopefully it does not disappoint me and i hope its performance is about the same as CR springs
If you enjoy the "feel" of the stock CR suspension, but want a lower ride height and improved (smoother) ride over bumps then you will be very happy with the Swift Spec R.
I purchased them last week and Adam helped me install them yesterday. What Adam stated above is exactly how I would describe the springs. Very subtle differences but there are some noteable differences including improved ride comfort especially at high speed, sharper turn in, and of course the perfect wheel gap.

If anyone is considering them but might be reluctant due to changing the OEM setup, don't be. You won't be disappointed. Honestly if I didn't know any better and was new to the CR I would think my new setup was the stock suspension. That's how good it is! I will post pics later this weekend.

My advise is to make sure they are professionally installed as in my case I had the guidance and help of subject matter expert with suspensions for our CR. Thank you Adam!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 PM

^ Glad we were able to get them on your car finally and your enjoying them!! Can't wait to see the car after your next updates
Old 07-06-2013, 02:42 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Went to C&C with Richard, Alex, and Sean. They all like the drop. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review