S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Swift Spec R.... Review

Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d3c3p7i0n
I have read this thread many times, but I did not feel like this question was answered specifically. I figured it was worth a shot to get some input on my situation. Maybe I missed it but I was looking for someone who has tried both ap2 shocks with Spec-R springs and CR shocks with Spec-R springs. I wanted to know if it was worth it to buy the CR shock for my ap2, if I am going to go with the Spec-R springs. I realize it is better, but how much better and is it worth the price?

Thanks again
I have CR shocks with Spec-R springs setup on my AP2. I went with this setup after considering PSS9 and Konis. I don't have to mess with any setting, the ride height is perfect, my car ride/handles better than before. Sorry I can't give you better feedback than what everyone here already said. Is it worth it? Definitely Yes for me

Name:  IMG_0053-001.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  81.0 KB
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Just did my second track day with the Spec R's. Pushed the car harder this event, and on a few occasions used more curbing then I wanted which resulted in a little bit of air which resulted in the car bouncing/slamming back down the other side of the curb. Happy to report that even with a passenger in the car I did not rub or hit bumpstops. I feel the dampers still have enough stroke left in the rear in particular. I do have video that I can post later of the one hit in particular but if that didnt cause bottoming out, rubbing, or bumpstops damn I hate to feel and be a part of what does

Car was awesome again. I did a session in my car, then jumped straight into a stock CR to provide some coaching/instruction. Next time out I plan on driving my car then the stock CR back to back in order to give a perhaps more creditable and direct review. What I did observe, and what I have always said is that the Swift Spec R's allow the car to set much quicker. The car reacts, transitions weight, and in some ways feels more agile. DISCLAIMER: I am not saying the Swift Spec R in any way make the car faster! That is still probably impossible to prove for many reasons. What I am saying is I PERSONALLY prefer the way the Swifts react. This track was very much like a large karting track which allowed you to attack and be aggressive. I found myself giving sharp and abrupt inputs at time and flicking the car around. The Swifts reacted better than stock in this case and just felt better, and for me they give more confidence. I have always said that if you have more confidence and a warm fuzzy feeling you as a driver can probably drive faster...which doesnt mean the parts actually make the car faster. I could feel in my car I could get the weight and the car to transition and set faster and get on the gas earlier. Again this is just a confidence thing because I am sure an experienced and better driver than myself would drive the same way with a stock CR and have the confidence to just plant their foot. The car also feels and appears to corner flatter. I have one pic of my car below where I am pitching it into a corner at roughly 75mph and the car was flat. Observing stock S2000's and even the stock CR (going not as fast as me) were exhibiting quite a bit more roll. Below is the pic of my car I was referring too, and then a video of my track session. This was my first time on this track and the video is of my 2nd session of the day, so yes I still have plenty to learn and improve on, but I was running pretty quick out there in any case. So there was my subjective review based on just feel as its the only way. Having a calculated and measured review is just not possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFJfE...yh7yAg&index=2
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

adrs2k, i love the look of your car but it seems like your car is the only one who has gotten the perfect ride height with these. everyone else seems a bit higher than you. this is the only thing holding me back from trading out my BC coilovers for some CR shocks and Swift Spec R spring.

i love how firm my ride is with my coil overs but it does get a bit much during daily driving.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box
adrs2k, i love the look of your car but it seems like your car is the only one who has gotten the perfect ride height with these. everyone else seems a bit higher than you. this is the only thing holding me back from trading out my BC coilovers for some CR shocks and Swift Spec R spring.

i love how firm my ride is with my coil overs but it does get a bit much during daily driving.
Thanks. Things to consider as pictures can and are usually deceiving. I run 225/255 Hankook RS-3's which are wide and meaty. These tires bulge slightly and fill out the wheel well more. My pictures. No offense to others, but their pictures are not very good and are just snaps and not good compositions. I also try hard to take good pictures at angles etc that show how the car really looks. I have confirmed my measured ride height with another member and they are identical. They have posted pics in this thread and yes my car "looks lower" but its not. So I think it really comes down to my pictures being better (sorry dont know how else to put it) and the tires being more meaty.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:03 AM

good to know. im running the same tire size as you are but i confirm RS3s look even meater than my S04s. I would Probably be in RE-11s if i deceide to go this which are pretty similiar to the rs3s in size.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did those SRCs make any sort of impression?

Serious question though.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good to know. im running the same tire size as you are but i confirm RS3s look even meater than my S04s. I would Probably be in RE-11s if i deceide to go this which are pretty similiar to the rs3s in size.
RE-11 run pretty skinny... relative to the RS3. The RS3 in 255 is wider than most "normal" 265.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box' timestamp='1355153172' post='22200736

Did those SRCs make any sort of impression?

Serious question though.
the SRCs and when i road in karla's car with sean. i noticed a difference in comfort even at the track.

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box' timestamp='1355155394' post='22200834
RE-11 run pretty skinny... relative to the RS3. The RS3 in 255 is wider than most "normal" 265.
compared to my S0-4s, they are pretty girthy lol
Old 12-10-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

One thing that will make a very small difference in ride height as silly as it sounds is whether or not the bolts were all tightened with the suspension loaded or not. I've always heard you need to preload the suspension before tightening the bolts and doing so will leave the car a tad lower than not.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

For those with the CR dampers and swift specR's, what are you measuring at in inches from your fender lip to your wheel centercap?? Stock CR measurements would be appreciated as well.

Quick Reply: Swift Spec R.... Review