S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR Spoiler Mount Dimensions.

Old 05-08-2015 | 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Clish
Originally Posted by mandru5891' timestamp='1333157599' post='21561462
Before I got my actual CR trunk, I eye-balled the general measurement from pictures online and when I was actually able to get the correct specs on the holes, I found I was only 1/4" farther ahead but you couldnt ever tell. As long as you measure good, and with the help of the above picture you shouldn't have any trouble. I just put some nice big washers underneath to brace my spoiler and never had a problem with warping of the trunk lid. The only reason Ive got an actual CR trunk now is because I got rear-ended last year. Good-luck!
how big a washer?
When I mounted my CR wing on a non-CR trunk, I went to ACE Hardware and got bolts/nuts for the wing that flare out at the head, then got the largest fender washer that those bolts fit comfortably into. I haven't had an issue with mine at all. The car has seen well above 130mph on track and the trunk hasn't deformed at all. It's going to see over 140mph at Daytona later this year and I'm not worried about it.
When I measured it to drill I used the pictures posted above as a rough estimate to where the wing mounted, and just measured everything to ensure it centered.

Edit:
Found a few on my phone:

Old 05-08-2015 | 07:29 AM

Good idea ViperASR on the Flange nuts w/washers.

Examples:

http://marafast.com/nuts/flange-nuts.html
Old 05-08-2015 | 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Good idea ViperASR on the Flange nuts w/washers.

Examples:

http://marafast.com/nuts/flange-nuts.html
That's the word I was looking for
Old 05-08-2015 | 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Originally Posted by Clish' timestamp='1430965147' post='23604173
[quote name='mandru5891' timestamp='1333157599' post='21561462']
Before I got my actual CR trunk, I eye-balled the general measurement from pictures online and when I was actually able to get the correct specs on the holes, I found I was only 1/4" farther ahead but you couldnt ever tell. As long as you measure good, and with the help of the above picture you shouldn't have any trouble. I just put some nice big washers underneath to brace my spoiler and never had a problem with warping of the trunk lid. The only reason Ive got an actual CR trunk now is because I got rear-ended last year. Good-luck!
how big a washer?
When I mounted my CR wing on a non-CR trunk, I went to ACE Hardware and got bolts/nuts for the wing that flare out at the head, then got the largest fender washer that those bolts fit comfortably into. I haven't had an issue with mine at all. The car has seen well above 130mph on track and the trunk hasn't deformed at all. It's going to see over 140mph at Daytona later this year and I'm not worried about it.
When I measured it to drill I used the pictures posted above as a rough estimate to where the wing mounted, and just measured everything to ensure it centered.

Edit:
Found a few on my phone:

[/quote]

that's awesome !!!
Old 05-14-2015 | 09:54 PM
15 Year Member

Great photos!
Old 06-07-2015 | 04:32 AM

Just to be clear, Viper, you only used the giant washer on one of the bolts per stand (ie the one closest to the soft top, farthest from rear) right? It looks like the other two aren't accessible enough to slide a washer in there.

Also, maybe a stupid question, but do you guys do the drilling with the trunk lid on the car still? In ways that seems like it'd be easier since it'd be upright and held still, but a bit more awkward when working from the bottom.

I just got myself a fiberglass CR wing from VIS (planning to paint match) for my AP1.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-08-2015 | 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by sr388
Just to be clear, Viper, you only used the giant washer on one of the bolts per stand (ie the one closest to the soft top, farthest from rear) right? It looks like the other two aren't accessible enough to slide a washer in there.

Also, maybe a stupid question, but do you guys do the drilling with the trunk lid on the car still? In ways that seems like it'd be easier since it'd be upright and held still, but a bit more awkward when working from the bottom.

I just got myself a fiberglass CR wing from VIS (planning to paint match) for my AP1.

Thanks in advance!
I actually used washers on all 6 bolts/nuts. I had the trunk up on some boxes, and was laying underneath it, then I slid the washer in under the ribs, and held it up with a magnet while I put the bolt in. It was a bit of a pain, but it worked for me. I felt better having the 6 washers on there.

As far as drilling, I did it all off the car, but the trunk also needed to be painted so I wasn't very worried about scratching it. I drilled the mounting holes first, then drilled through those holes down into the trunk structure for the 4 access holes. Then dremmeled out those 4 access holes to let me get a socket in there.
Old 06-22-2015 | 07:20 PM

I've been trying to search for a used oem cr wing for months now. No luck, I haven't tried to go to a dealer to ask how much to get one there and checking the parts number is to confusing. Do I order all the parts numbers for the spoiler. Does anyone know how to order a complete wing at majestic or know the pricing it would be in total for a brand new oem wing. Or links to get a Oem CR wing.
Old 06-22-2015 | 09:30 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan
I've been trying to search for a used oem cr wing for months now. No luck, I haven't tried to go to a dealer to ask how much to get one there and checking the parts number is to confusing. Do I order all the parts numbers for the spoiler. Does anyone know how to order a complete wing at majestic or know the pricing it would be in total for a brand new oem wing. Or links to get a Oem CR wing.

The FAQ has the part numbers listed for the wing, stands, mounts and trunk pieces if you want them. I don't think any dealer just sells the entire wing pre assembled though.