S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Upper front and rear ball joints impossible to find

Old 03-31-2016, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper front and rear ball joints impossible to find

Where can i find a new ball joint. front and rear upper ones. ordered hardrace ones from velocity shop. got a email saying they are unavailable. Does anyone else know where i could find new ball joints? I'm not looking to buy the whole arms since i have hard bushings pressed into them.

I'm also not looking for extended or camber ones. not trying to spend extra money for parts i don't need. I already have the camber i need for the car. Someone has to make oem replacements.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.rocar-usa.com/product.php...oducts_id=1021

you're welcome. lol. I looked into the hardrace ones too. but could only find them for sale in other countries. Dont know when they will be available to us since they seem like a new product in their line.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep I run the rocar ones, got em off ebay though. they fit and work.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,396 Likes on 1,040 Posts

Hopefully y'all are tack welding these in once installed.

Honda sells full arms instead of ball joints for a reason.

Or at the very least, hopefully you're going with the "but I've had 0 problems bro" approach.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by B serious

Or at the very least, hopefully you're going with the "but I've had 0 problems bro" approach.
If tracking, most definitely. a local just had his pop out at the track. But if car is just street driven, I dont think its absolutely necessary as long as ring groove is clean and snap ring is seated correctly.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"but I've had 0 problems bro"-approach Ive taken so far lol and the car does see track. Maybe I will get them tack welded this year though
Old 04-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,396 Likes on 1,040 Posts

Originally Posted by mojo_jojo77777
Originally Posted by B serious' timestamp='1459544006' post='23925649

If tracking, most definitely. a local just had his pop out at the track. But if car is just street driven, I dont think its absolutely necessary as long as ring groove is clean and snap ring is seated correctly.
I don't think the likelihood rises or falls depending on track use. The upper ball joint isn't weight bearing. It loads up with the resistance of the very stiff factory rubber bushings as the arms travel up/down. On the upstroke...the spindle is trying to push them out.

The likelihood probably depends more on the fit and finish of your *aftermarket* part, the tolerance of your UCA hole, and how much material you removed from said hole as you were pressing out/in the new joints. And how well the installer clocked their UCA pivot bushings. Clocked down would give the arm more upward-resistance.

Again...its why Honda only sells complete arms. So they can control that likelihood. Although, I have maybe heard of the factory joints popping out.

I'd tack them if I was me. And I am me. Brb. Tacking.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
I don't think the likelihood rises or falls depending on track use. The upper ball joint isn't weight bearing. It loads up with the resistance of the very stiff factory rubber bushings as the arms travel up/down. On the upstroke...the spindle is trying to push them out.

The likelihood probably depends more on the fit and finish of your *aftermarket* part, the tolerance of your UCA hole, and how much material you removed from said hole as you were pressing out/in the new joints. And how well the installer clocked their UCA pivot bushings. Clocked down would give the arm more upward-resistance.

Again...its why Honda only sells complete arms. So they can control that likelihood. Although, I have maybe heard of the factory joints popping out.

I'd tack them if I was me. And I am me. Brb. Tacking.
I fully get what you're saying. And yeah, I would hope the quality control of Rocar would make them consistently good fitting. I was going to do these ball joints at same time as poly bushings, so I personally wouldnt be worry about clocking UCA bushings. But in my case, I own a mig welder. So its only going to take 2 mins to just do a few tacks on the arms. I just know not that many people have access to welders.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

i used those rocar ones in the rear since 2014, no issues. had to use a press to get them in they aint going anywhere. so my "zero problems approached" has fulfilled itself as a real world experience approach. much better
Old 04-10-2016, 05:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pictures of the tac welds? I'm interested in these ball joints

Quick Reply: Upper front and rear ball joints impossible to find