S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

To upgrade or No?

Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To upgrade or No?

There are so many options, and before I fully decided I wanted to build a track car I ended up buying the buddy club spec N. I love them for everyday driving but I am not sure how they will hold up on the track. My question does anyone have experience with these on the track or should I just cut my loss, and move up to a serious coilover setup? Thanks for the help!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

since you already have them you might as well give them a try!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you've never tracked ever (doesn't sound like it) leave the car as it sits. You don't "build" a track car and then track it. You track the car you have and build it slowly over time as you track it, learn its shortcomings, and strengthen yourself as a driver.

My advice - leave the car the way it is now and go track it as soon as you can.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
If you've never tracked ever (doesn't sound like it) leave the car as it. You don't "build" a track car and then to track it. You track the car you have and build is slowly over time as you track is, learn its shortcomings, and strengthen yourself as a driver.

My advice - leave the car the way it is now and go track it as soon as you can.
Couldnt agree more
Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But I would love to sell you some Ohlins or a set of ASTs when the are available again!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Ohlins DFV ftmfw
Old 07-09-2013, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
But I would love to sell you some Ohlins or a set of ASTs when the are available again!
Thank you for the advice. I would have more track time but being overseas is limiting my track time, Plus it wasn't till recently I decide to fully take it from a street car to something more. I will give them a try in the next coming events. keep me posted on the availability of said coilovers
Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Buddy Club N+'s really aren't a bad coilover, particularly for their price. I felt like the damping was well matched to the spring rates and they were stiff enough to provide a solid feel on an autox course; settled well after transitions, etc. They also had enough adjustability in them to noticeably change the feel of the car in the corners. I typically autox'd with them set near their upper limit of damping adjustment, and turned them down to a medium-low setting for the street.

I'm positive that more expensive and track-oriented coilover systems far surpass the N+'s capabilities, but for a beginner who already has a set on hand, I think they will serve you well.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
The Buddy Club N+'s really aren't a bad coilover, particularly for their price. I felt like the damping was well matched to the spring rates and they were stiff enough to provide a solid feel on an autox course; settled well after transitions, etc. They also had enough adjustability in them to noticeably change the feel of the car in the corners. I typically autox'd with them set near their upper limit of damping adjustment, and turned them down to a medium-low setting for the street.

I'm positive that more expensive and track-oriented coilover systems far surpass the N+'s capabilities, but for a beginner who already has a set on hand, I think they will serve you well.
Thank you for the information I really like them for the street just wanted some feed back on their track capabilities
Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 PM

It may be a good idea to start researching coilovers, N+s are notorious for "blowing" prematurely - but they do feel decent until they do.

Quick Reply: To upgrade or No?