S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Tein Flex: reversing springs front to back.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Flex: reversing springs front to back.

Has anyone done this. What i wanna do is switch the front springs which are rate of about 520 to the rear and put the rears on the front which are about 671. According to some hints ive gotten on other sites the flex can take spring rate changes of up to about 2kg before revalving. The springs look roughly to be about the same length. This would put the rates more in line with many other setups (like all of em). Just curoous if anyone has done this and what the results are. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to make sure they are equal length first. I bet the rear springs are much shorter in the back just like my monoflex
Old 09-19-2011, 07:20 PM

This is them, side by side. I unloaded the perches completely off the springs to make sure. In fact at first I thought they were slightly different, but previous owner just had different preload on em.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:51 PM

well there you go. im curious to what your results will be. let me know.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:09 PM

Yeah for sure. I should have skipped on the flex but i got a great deal on them. I have read that guys site and i know jdm tight sucks ass. I plan on putting these on, dialing in my suspension, and beating people running much higher dollar setups in str. Thats the goal. Not every one can afford ohlins and gendron.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:50 PM

trust me you will be satisfied with your flex. i was running them on an integra type-r and now im running the monoflex on the s and im very satisfied. make sure you dial the in right and you set the preload and ride height correctly
Old 09-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Yeah this is going along with basically a full suspension job, so hopefully the package will compete well. Its gonna be powerflex polyurethane all around. The switch springs flexs, 32 mm eibach front sway, 949racing 6ulr 17x9 with 255/40 hankook rs3 all around, with aggressive alignment.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:13 AM

nice. I have the same wheel and tire setup
Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 AM

I installed them yesterday with new front poly upper a-arm bushes and new mugen compliance bushings. I set the rebound to 7 clicks from full hard on all. Ride height is about 13 at the front and 13.75-14 at the rear. I plan on dropping both a little. Probably will go to about 13 front and 13.25 in rear or 12.75 and 13 respectively. I can just barely get in my driveway as it is.

Anyway first impression is that the car definitely feels tighter. Springs are much heavier and thus body distortion on bump is much less. In fact I live in uptown new orleans and the streets are like a cheese grater and it honestly feels much more comfortable than with stock. The big ass bumps though definitely transfer into the cabin better, but it doesnt feel like your being beat up on the myriad of other bumps as it did with stock. Im running front: 0 toe, max caster (9 deg), -1.9 camber. Rear: 1/16 toe in per side, -2.4 camber. The car feels more controlled under fast cornering, however I havent really pushed it let. I dont wanna find out where it lets go on the street. Soon as I find an empty lot or another autoX ill find out.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by murderedrsx
Yeah for sure. I should have skipped on the flex but i got a great deal on them. I have read that guys site and i know jdm tight sucks ass. I plan on putting these on, dialing in my suspension, and beating people running much higher dollar setups in str. Thats the goal. Not every one can afford ohlins and gendron.

Quick Reply: Tein Flex: reversing springs front to back.