S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Springs!?!?!?!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs!?!?!?!

Okay guys this is my first post other than a simple intro....

as the car is parked away for the winter i have decided to do some minor upgrades (speakers/rear diffuser/springs) the first two are bought and for the most part installed

now when it comes to springs or suspension in general i am pretty clueless i want to reduce the wheel gap and of course get that little bit firmness around the corners and don't wanna spend the big bucks and go coilovers as i DD the car during the spring/summer/fall...and don't track it just some spirited drives thru the back roads from time to time....from what i have gathered swift springs are probably one of the best for keeping your stock shocks and what not...

does anyone have any other suggestions about other springs that will do the job without spending an arm and a leg?

any imput would be awesome!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by hossman' timestamp='1359066236' post='22290494
Okay guys this is my first post other than a simple intro....

as the car is parked away for the winter i have decided to do some minor upgrades (speakers/rear diffuser/springs) the first two are bought and for the most part installed

now when it comes to springs or suspension in general i am pretty clueless i want to reduce the wheel gap and of course get that little bit firmness around the corners and don't wanna spend the big bucks and go coilovers as i DD the car during the spring/summer/fall...and don't track it just some spirited drives thru the back roads from time to time....from what i have gathered swift springs are probably one of the best for keeping your stock shocks and what not...

does anyone have any other suggestions about other springs that will do the job without spending an arm and a leg?

any imput would be awesome!
Whats up hoss. I recently put swift spec r's on my ap2 and the drop is i'd say perfect. I daily drive my car all over ny n nj and around town theyre good but at highway speeds so far its been bouncy but has been getting better with time. Im going on 2 months with them right now and theyve changed a bit. If they dont change im going to switch to eibachs which are not as aggressive but less bouncy at highspeeds..

Whats good Rosario!
thats good to hear bro...is the rest of your suspension stock or did you do any other upgrade
Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just FYI, I tried ordering some Swift spec R springs a few days ago from two different websites and both were backordered for a month plus.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM

do things right the first time and go for coilovers.

lowering springs will wear out the stock shocks more and like someone above pointed out, they have a lot of rebound(bounciness) that is uncomfortable to me at least.

plus the amount of labor(regardless if you do it yourself or bring it to a shop) will take longer/more work to put in springs then a coilover setup.

there are a lot of used coilovers for sale all the time if youre looking to save money.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll chime in. I put some espelir springs on my AP2 and I really like them. I wouldn't want to go any lower than the drop they give and they were a fraction of the price of coilovers. look them up to see the drop. Just my $.02
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM

i enjoyed the drop of my tein s-techs . they looked good and handled pretty well. however i never drove my car on stock suspension so i don't know what the actual difference is other than height. didn't really bounce too much

i have coilovers and they are tons better than just springs, and i have pretty cheap megan tracks
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I have eibach pro kit springs and I love them. Theres no bounciness and I love the drop.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM

Ive got swift sports and they are a really nice ride, its a very mellow drop i believe about an inch but the ride feels stock.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I used to have the eibach pro kit as well. Definitely no bounciness, rides like stock and lowers about an inch or so.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thinking of putting eibach pro kit in my dd s2k. cause i just want the car to be a inch lower but i was wondering what will happen to handling performance? Cause i do go out on twisties and do go a bit hard and do plan to go on track once or twice a year. I heard that the springs rates on stock suspension is fairly stiff and having a more mild spring so make the car a bit more predictable? This is on a 00 ap1

Quick Reply: Springs!?!?!?!