S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Rear camber not even

Old 10-03-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear camber not even

So I just noticed the other day that the camber on my P/R is a bit more than the driver's side. I am dropped on Espelir's w/ stock struts. I've had it on the car for about 15 -20k miles. I've had it aligned atleast twice before this. So the guy that did myy alignment took a look at it, and he did measure it and said its off a bit but my camber is almost maxed out. He suggested maybe the spring shifted on the shock, so I took a look and it sits pretty dead on. The only thing is that the rubber piece under the spring is sticking out a bit. The driveability of the car is not impacted. He also said all the suspension components (bushings) and such are fine. What else could it be?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What were the alignment readings you got?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:17 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Sounds like the springs aren't set on the perch correctly.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 AM

I have it set to the OEM alignment for now.

I looked at the spring and it looks like it is sitting properly on the perch. I loosened the center nut on the shock while the car was jacked up to see if I could shift it a bit but the only thing I noticed was that the rubber piece the sits at the bottom perch under the spring was not in place. Could that cause it to not sit even?

Also, the car drives 100% straight. It has never spum out, hit a curb or anything of that nature that could cause this.

I was thinking about renting a spring compressor and trying to see if I could get that rubber piece to sit correctly to resolve the issue.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i have heard of alot of S owners having this same problem, camber on the passenger side is always more than the driver
Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by NFR_AP2
i have heard of alot of S owners having this same problem, camber on the passenger side is always more than the driver
Really? Could you point me in the right direction as far as a thread that covers this. I am curious as to what others haveto say about this. Is it for lowered cars or just in general?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:37 PM

So after looking at it again, the drivers side sits perfectly on the driver's side perch and the passenger's side (the one in question) has that rubber piece what looks to be pulled out. Would that small difference really cause the spring not to sit 100% correctly and mess w/ the camber settings?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i only noticed it after i put my coilovers on, let me see if i can locate a thread for you
Old 10-05-2011, 03:35 PM

i only noticed it after i put my coilovers on, let me see if i can locate a thread for you
Old 10-10-2011, 04:56 PM

Received 511 Likes on 304 Posts

I have a similar issue: The LR has negative 1* the RR is at negative 3* but the shop could not find anything bent? The -3* on the RR is at the maximum adjustment.

Any one have any thoughts on this?

Quick Reply: Rear camber not even