S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

PowerFlex Bushings Limited Time Discount!

Old 02-10-2012, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've had these bushings installed for two weeks now. I'll say this, on smooth roads, it's smooth like butter. On rough roads, it's stiff and bumpy as hell. I guess it's hard to gauge for street riding, but they're as good or better than my 120k+ bushings I had before that were seized up.

Oh, highway driving is awesome. They are really nice on the highway where my old bushings were rough. I think I have less road vibration and noise on the interstate.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2kflorida
So I've had these bushings installed for two weeks now. I'll say this, on smooth roads, it's smooth like butter. On rough roads, it's stiff and bumpy as hell. I guess it's hard to gauge for street riding, but they're as good or better than my 120k+ bushings I had before that were seized up.

Oh, highway driving is awesome. They are really nice on the highway where my old bushings were rough. I think I have less road vibration and noise on the interstate.
interesting... i thought they were suppose to be like stock bushings with more stiffness, so should ride similar to stock with better feedback.. no?

more reviews please!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Dennis, any idea when the compliance bushings and hardware will be in stock?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just noticed this thread...I bought these bushings about 18 months ago and just now got around to installing them. One thing I see on this group buy is this set of bushings is not for the hardest compound they make. They actually have three versions and the ones I bought were the black ones, the hardest as mine are for the race car. I'm still working on the suspension settings (coil over settings, re-corner balanced with 80 lbs. less weight and R-Comps) and getting used to the new set up with only one track day on them but I have no squeaks or binds so far. They feel good to me. I will be checking them out next weekend (car on stands and wheels off) to make sure all is still good.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquidsation
I just noticed this thread...I bought these bushings about 18 months ago and just now got around to installing them. One thing I see on this group buy is this set of bushings is not for the hardest compound they make. They actually have three versions and the ones I bought were the black ones, the hardest as mine are for the race car. I'm still working on the suspension settings (coil over settings, re-corner balanced with 80 lbs. less weight and R-Comps) and getting used to the new set up with only one track day on them but I have no squeaks or binds so far. They feel good to me. I will be checking them out next weekend (car on stands and wheels off) to make sure all is still good.
You're saying you have the harder compound bushings on an S2k? I spoke with PowerFlex USA yesterday and they stated that harder compound bushings are not available for the S2k. They do offer the black (harder) compound for a handful of other models. They also stated that if there was enough interest, they would consider making the harder compound bushings for the S2k.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:33 PM

Did anyone order the compliance bushings from Powerflex? I have not received them yet and was wondering if anyone else was waiting?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup I ordered them back in February. I haven't gotten confirmation of shipment yet.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump!

I've emailed them twice and I haven't heard back from them yet...
Old 04-04-2012, 10:33 AM

Dennis @ evasive told me Powerflex said they would start shipping last Monday (April 2nd) so hopefully they come soon. Its been almost a month.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Got my box today, didn't have enough time to check everything over though. I will do that when I get home.

Quick Reply: PowerFlex Bushings Limited Time Discount!