S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

megan racing ez street coilover

Old 04-11-2011 | 05:06 AM

i didnt slam my car just brought it down to maybe a finger gap above the tires. no ill effects so far unless you count that unpainted speedbump.

so far about 2k miles on them the most i can say is that they are softer than i wouldve liked. the comparison i guess goes back to my integra gs-r with skunk2 sleeve coilovers with tokico illuminas but i wouldnt mind them to be a lil stiffer especially in the corners.
Old 04-13-2011 | 09:42 PM

I'm getting a clunking noise in the rear passenger side. I'm assuming either the rear shock has gone out or I need to tighten the axle nut. If its the rear shock I'm going to purchase a set of these.

I just recently purchased an01 S2 with spoon springs stock shocks and 132k on the clock. My experience with modded cars isn't as extensive but I've owned a few with a decent setup. This car by far out handles everything and I cant even imagine how a set of coil overs would be on this.

What website offers the best price for these coilovers?

Hirevs2k - On those pictures, is that setup the lowest it'll go or can it go any lower?
Old 04-14-2011 | 04:27 AM

^ i believe they can go lower. however, i am thinking about raising it up again. i don't like it that low since my car is street driven and not on the track. plus you have to try and negotiate speed bumps and pot holes which i'm not very good at (well i am getting a little bit better but would rather not deal with it at all). i'll probably end up raising it another half to a whole inch.

to answer your question about the cheapest place to get these. just google it up which is what i did and i believe pretty much everyone else did. type in "megan racing street ez coilovers s2000", then click on the shopping tab and sort them out from lowest to highest. you should find some good prices.

yeh man i had 116k miles on my car and getting just the lowering springs never reached my thoughts. if your going to lower your car at such high miles, might as well replace the whole thing and get it over with since you will eventually replace the oem shocks anyways.
Old 04-14-2011 | 02:33 PM

Hey Hirevs2k, we have yet to hear your review on the new setup!

How does it compare to stock? How do the lower settings (shock dampening) compare to stock? How do the higher setting compare to stock?
Old 04-14-2011 | 08:54 PM

where can I get these for cheapest price?..
Old 04-15-2011 | 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by jstyle711
Hey Hirevs2k, we have yet to hear your review on the new setup!

How does it compare to stock? How do the lower settings (shock dampening) compare to stock? How do the higher setting compare to stock?
lol my bad i posted my review here. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/769...page__st__1550

but after readjusting it, i still find myself needing to readjust it more since one side sits higher than the other and then vise versa.
Old 04-15-2011 | 06:23 PM

Ha. Its okay.

I'm not too focused on how it would handle on the track because experience is key there. I could be driving the most modified s2000 but may still lost to a driver who knows the limits to a stock setup. I just need a new setup because like I said, I suspect my suspension components to be close to its own limit.

Let me know how the spacers work out. Currently my car has a vibration under acceleration at highway speeds and I suspect it to be the pitting in the CV boots that is common for my mileage. I'm plan on heading towards the cheap route for this fix because I've barely wrenched on this car and would like to know how everything is setup. I will let you know how that goes.

Thanks for answering my questions btw.
Old 04-15-2011 | 09:13 PM

i paid $650 shipped from TeamSNS (sponsor on s2ki). just message teamsnschris on AIM.
Old 04-16-2011 | 02:31 PM

after a week of having the spacers in, i noticed that the rear end was still vibrating but not as bad as before. so i raised the car about a finger gap between the wheels and the fender, viola, problem solved. don't quote me on this but i believe spacers didn't do jack sh!t and was just a waste of money.

if i had to do everything all over again, i'd just lower the car a finger gap on all four corners and call it a day.
Old 03-08-2013 | 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by robinson
Other than not to spend money, I doubt I'll be able to convince you. I spend $1200 on new CR springs/shocks once. I now regret that decision, and I hope that other people don't regret their decisions either. As long as you know what you are getting yourself into, and know that if you saved up more money you could get a better product, then go ahead.

The real issue is that these coilovers (most single and double adjustable mono-tube shocks) does not produce enough/any forces in the lower speed relm (3in/sec). Low speed shock movements have more to do with body roll due to driver inputs and control of the unsprung mass of the car. You probably will end up with a lot of high speed rebound adjustment, which does nothing for car control. It will feel stiffer, because it is, but this does not mean that stiffer high speed forces are what you want.

One more edit: Often the force graph will also be linear or even logarithmic as the speed increases. The best shocks have a digressive design so that the shock does not react with high forces over bumps. These coilovers have very little compression at any shock speed, which is more comfortable, but you give up grip, even on the street, and most have too much high speed rebound, which does nothing really.
Do you have any particular model that you would recommend? I will not be tracking my car too often (maybe a few times max if any) I Love the handling of the stock S2000 (dont know what its like with coilovers, so i don't have anything to compare it to), and i would not want coilovers that in any way take away from the fun factor. I was actually leaning toward a cheap coilover like the Meagan EZ's because I figured they are going to be slightly better than the stocks and at the same time they wont be so different. It didnt cross my mind that they could be worst than stock. I have a budget of around 1000. what do you think? any suggestions?

Quick Reply: megan racing ez street coilover