S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

just got 17x9.5 wheels all around. looking for best way to set up

Old 03-01-2013, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got 17x9.5 wheels all around. looking for best way to set up

stock springs with koni yellows/17x9 ssr wheels/ uk alignment right now. 255/40/17 tires

ok. so i have them on my car. feels good, steering is ever so slightly heavier. it seems like turn in is a little weird feeling, i cant explain, it is like not immediate, but it feels fine going through. i am trying to figure out if there is a downside to running these wide of wheels all around.. hmm.. once i get new tires on, maybe it will be better.. any thoughts? and any tips on how to drive it with weide wheels will be helpful. also if there are any alignment settings that would be better, let me know. really want this car to handle good, i mostly drive the mountains. hopefully someone might have some input.

-jason
Old 03-01-2013, 04:50 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Get a stiff front swaybar
Old 03-01-2013, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are your goals with the car? Street only? autox? track?

What is your alignment?

What tires are are you using?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by jst2878
People always recommend a large FSB if you go non-stag and I don't understand why. Ive always been non stagger with the stock front sway bar, even with stock suspension for a little, and always thought it was fine. Im not running a wing and I did not remove the RSB or anything else that would increase rear grip. The car does oversteer at the limit in high speed corners but it will understeer sometimes in low speed corners depending on when and how you turn in and roll onto the throttle.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
What are your goals with the car? Street only? autox? track?

What is your alignment?

What tires are are you using?
Street only for now. Maybe track down the line. I have the UK alignment. And they will be falken 912's. Yes I know they aren't the best. But I am going g to use them for daily driving and mountain Driving. So nothing crazy ^_^
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by jst2878
Any recommendations? Decently priced?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by jst2878' timestamp='1362189007' post='22374367
People always recommend a large FSB if you go non-stag and I don't understand why. Ive always been non stagger with the stock front sway bar, even with stock suspension for a little, and always thought it was fine. Im not running a wing and I did not remove the RSB or anything else that would increase rear grip. The car does oversteer at the limit in high speed corners but it will understeer sometimes in low speed corners depending on when and how you turn in and roll onto the throttle.
Ah that is good to know. I just kind of miss the fast turn in. But if overall grip is better. Then it's all gravy
Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 PM

The larger front sway bar is an absolute waste of money if its just street driven. You can play with your alignment to get a quicker turn in if you want, add more caster (around 7 degrees) and 0 toe or a slight toe-out in the front (1/16" total). Otherwise just enjoy your increased mechanical grip, decreased stopping differences, and ability to rotate tires
Old 03-02-2013, 06:07 AM

The larger front sway bar is an absolute waste of money if its just street driven. You can play with your alignment to get a quicker turn in if you want, add more caster (around 7 degrees) and 0 toe or a slight toe-out in the front (1/16" total). Otherwise just enjoy your increased mechanical grip, decreased stopping differences, and ability to rotate tires
haha will do! also i was thinking since there is more wheel in the front now, would that effect braking negatively? hopefully not. lol. my brakes are about 1/2 way used up, so i just wanted to make sure that it wasn't messing up my braking.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:21 AM

sorry guys, also, since i am running the UK alignment with these wide of wheels, will it eat up my tires at all? i wouldnt imagine so, but i would just like to hear it from someone else to get that piece of mind. thank you all guys, i appreciate all the help!!

Quick Reply: just got 17x9.5 wheels all around. looking for best way to set up