S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

How to adjuct ride height on Buddclub N+

Old 03-11-2011, 04:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How to adjuct ride height on Buddclub N+

My s2000 currently has Buddyclub N+ full coilovers, and the car is currently slammed. Unfortunately, with the road conditions in my area (and my driveway), this is not ideal.

I was wondering if I can adjust the height of the coilovers while they are still on the car, without unbolting anything. Or will I have to unbolt the body of the shock and actually adjust that?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:43 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

well if you jack the car up and take all the load off the suspension and the spring moves up and down at all there is no pre load on the suspension so you can turn the locking collars up to raise it a little.....without seeing the amount of spring play its hard to say.
if the spring does not move,....meaning there is preload on the springs you will have to unbolt them and adjust via the bottom perch
the best way is to unbolt them but if you are not very mechanically inclined to do all of that, lets hope you can adjust it enough via the spring.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
well if you jack the car up and take all the load off the suspension and the spring moves up and down at all there is no pre load on the suspension so you can turn the locking collars up to raise it a little.....without seeing the amount of spring play its hard to say.
if the spring does not move,....meaning there is preload on the springs you will have to unbolt them and adjust via the bottom perch
the best way is to unbolt them but if you are not very mechanically inclined to do all of that, lets hope you can adjust it enough via the spring.

??????

you can adjust preload and ride height of MOST coilover without taking it off the car, with the wheels off undo the jam perch and start turning, for most coilover the whole damper assembly can be rotated while it's on the car.

I can do it for both my coilovers.

don't forget alignment after height change, the camber and toes changes if you mess with the height
Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second that!No need at all to remove them..just loosen the bottom and turn the whole body by turning the top collars wich ever way you need to go.Use the first collar to lower and the second to raise.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 AM

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I am having a hard time visualizing this. From what I understand, and also how I adjusted my k-sport, I actually would lengthen the whole shock travel if I wanted to raise my car up. Therefore, I would remove the bolt at the bottom of the suspension and turn the whole shock body. Is this not the case with these?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:36 PM

I think the best way to help you guys help me is with pictures. The first picture is labeled with three parts of the coilover, and the second picture to show how low the shock body is on the coilover:

Old 03-12-2011, 01:39 PM

Just some additional notes, part three of the diagram is very low on the coilover setup, I am not sure how much lower I can put it.

Also, the spring appears to be preloaded. It is very snug and in place, I can't twist it with my hand.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what you're going to want to do here is loosen the lower collar (what you marked #2). this loosens the threaded shock body for height adjustment. then take your spanner wrench and place it on the bottom collar of what you marked #1 and start turning it to the right (so that the entire body moves upwards). the lower collar should be locked against the upper collar, and thus the preload will not change.