S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Help on selecting rotors and pads for AP1 this driven well but not tracked

Old 05-22-2024, 08:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
I'm confident that the AP2 pads and decent fluid (ATE TYP200) will be more than enough for what you're aiming at.

A big step up from stock, as Car Analogy mentioned is Stoptech Sport 309's. These are the most versatile pad I've ever used. I love the way they work, and they last forever, with a reasonable dust level.

I have tons of experience with Carbotech XP(x) pads. Great track pad. But all their products are pretty serious and geared toward a specific use. For a street driven car...I'm not sure I'd want to buy AX6. Sure you could...but its probably not the overall most advantageous pad.
WOW! Thanks! Sound like Stoptech is the way to go then. For fluid we have a shelf stocked with Motul 600 so we will just put that in even though it is overkill.

Going to order today and thank you so much for the help. The internet is good and bad.... Like looking up medical advice . I have learned a long time ago to ask questions to the guys that have been doing this a while and I thank you for taking the time to help out! We plan on doing a bunch. Since his throwout bearing seems to be going, we will be putting in new clutch, back to the OEM, new clutch master and slave and then full brake job. S2000 is such an easy car to drop the trans on. (after getting the stubborn subframe bolts out the first time we dropped his trans. Should be pretty easy now!

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
B serious (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 09:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,377 Likes on 1,029 Posts

ha! I have the same wheels on my track S2000.

Enkei TFR

I chose them because they are reminiscent of the JDM BBS.

Old 05-22-2024, 09:06 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,377 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Originally Posted by itsagoodday
WOW! Thanks! Sound like Stoptech is the way to go then. For fluid we have a shelf stocked with Motul 600 so we will just put that in even though it is overkill.

Going to order today and thank you so much for the help. The internet is good and bad.... Like looking up medical advice . I have learned a long time ago to ask questions to the guys that have been doing this a while and I thank you for taking the time to help out! We plan on doing a bunch. Since his throwout bearing seems to be going, we will be putting in new clutch, back to the OEM, new clutch master and slave and then full brake job. S2000 is such an easy car to drop the trans on. (after getting the stubborn subframe bolts out the first time we dropped his trans. Should be pretty easy now!

Thanks!
Right on. Since "OEM" means different things to different people, I would encourage you to buy the clutch set and bearings directly from a Honda dealer. Again, I've had good luck at hondaautomotiveparts.com

Genuine Honda is the best, safest bet in this case.

Make sure you also buy a new release bearing guide sleeve and HT urea grease
The following users liked this post:
itsagoodday (05-22-2024)