S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

customised alignment for daily? neg camber question

Old 05-15-2014, 05:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default customised alignment for daily? neg camber question

Sup s2ki, im no mechanic but i am fortunate to say the least have access to a shop where i can tinker around with my car such as putting the car on the lift and use the alignment station, well i did my own alignment after replacing the inner tie rod, I used factory Honda spec but instead kept my rear camber at -2.1 and fronts at -1.0.

The drive feels absolutely amazing, i started to previously think the last shop did not tightening up some of the bolts and threw my alignment outta whack, honestly don't know probably a placebo affect

Anyway my question is can I put more neg on the camber on the rear let say -3.0? would my inner tire wear out fast? Daily driven, i love the look and seem to drive nice in same time worried about the wear though

Specs on my s is lowered on bilestien pss on oem 16`` starspec stock sizing

Any suggestion?
Old 05-16-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, with a proper alignment, you should be fine and not chew through tires too fast. It is a combination of camber and toe that will destroy your rubber. I ran a decent amount of camber and drove that way for a long time on the same set of tires (Federal SS595s - Cheap, decent tires for the price, I wouldn't fathom running camber/stretch like that on expensive, performance tires) and didn't show thread for the longest time until I did a little drifting before I sold my set up. I can't tell you how much camber/toe I was running because I just dropped it off at a buddys work and picked it up later without asking any questions (just too excited). I'll attach some pics to try and show how much camber I was running, but like I said, I don't have exact numbers, stock camber adjustment was maxed out though.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

whoa, your s looks great.

yeah, I'm lowered on bilestien with about 1.75 finger gap. Everything seems to be within spec besides the rear camber being -2.10 instead of 1.10-1.40 honda recomends

I'll do this though on my next visit to the shop, i'll just try to make the toe, camber and caster as similar as possible as in mirror image spec. The s feels totally different after I did the last alignment, the steering wheel feels tight and more heavy during the highway and straight. I just couldn't believe how different the car felt after the alignment.

After reading through Rob's website about alignment, I'll lower the tire air pressure down to 32psi, I believe my tire pressure was set at 38PSI or something I'd like to see how much my alignment would deviate if there would be a change at all.

As much as I dig the neg rear wheel look more on the rear to the fronts on RWD sportcars. Just to be on the safe side, I think I'll do my cambers -2.5 on the rear and the fronts at -1.5. and not to max them out. I'd be piss if If the tread on the tires are heavily uneven, meaty on one side. I daily it so I don't want to run through these tires until the end of summer (I'd hope so). And yeah, I love having good summer tires on our cars, it just feels right!!
Old 05-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

It's not an AP1, but I daily my AP2 with -1.7 up front and -2.5 rear. The fronts will wear slightly faster on the inside shoulder at the greater negative camber, but other than that I've not noticed any excessive wear from it.