S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Centric OEM Replacement Blanks - Brake Rotors

Old 01-27-2013, 05:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

TH Motorsports
Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kmiami69
WOW! Is that a .......what is that you hit?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bought a full set of Centric Premium rotors, Stoptech Street Performance pads, Goodridge stainless lines, & Stoptech RBF-600 fluid from Import Replacement Parts, www.importrp.com a few weeks ago. Happy so far. Got the same rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads, & Goodridge lines from them for one of my other cars last year too. Competitive prices and GREAT customer service! Give them a try. Ask for Mike.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just wanted to update this thread with some information. My rotors were shipped quickly from partsgeek.com and they appeared to be the same double-ground finish on the rotors as any normal OEM replacement you would buy. Installed with no problems and they are working great in tandem with my AX6's.

And I also want to add that I bought my front and rear carbotech AX6's from the guys over at TH Motorsports, a vendor on this site. Jonathan has been great to deal with and is always very quick to respond to my questions and quote requests. He got me the cheapest price I could find online for my AX6's, and now I am about to place another order with them for some cooling upgrades. They shipped my parts out quickly, and provided tracking info. I was also able to pay via PayPal, which I prefer when buying online. PM Jonathan, his username is THMotorsports on here. He will hook you up.

for TH Motorsports
Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If I have enough time, I order from partsgeek for the centric premium preferred rotors, that's about the best deal I have ever found, but they take forever for shipment and receiving.

If you have an amazon prime account and you need it in a rush, you can get the same centric premium rotors from amazon.com and get them in ~2 days with your prime account, you pay a small small premium.

I've been using Carbotech XP10 and XP8, awesome pad, so far I haven't found a better pad that can hold up to track day heavy braking and daily road use. The hawk hp+ is a close 2nd, but on the track they don't have nearly the same feel and stopping power. I get my pad fix from speed-freaks.net since I know a guy who knows a guy, definitely the best price I have found thus far!

I've been using rbf600 for quite some time but I'm planning on trying RBF660 on my next flush as RBF600 seems to go dead after 3 or 4 hot & heavy summer track days.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by J Schmidt
Originally Posted by s2kmiami69' timestamp='1359255246' post='22295344
WOW! Is that a .......what is that you hit?
that would be a baby black bear

OP, in for review after some track time with them
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive run a few sets of c-teks on my car when I had my stock front calipers. Good for the money IMO. I was always told to run the cheapest rotors possible for track duty by a few guys at the track since they all crack in about the same time. I was getting between 1 and 2 track days before they would crack, which seems in line with the others.

I will say, from my experiences at least, that these crack without warning though. Most rotors will develop micro cracks which will grow until they get big enough and connect to one big crack that will break all the way through. These seem to look fine and then all the sudden the car in sitting in the paddock and the rotor will have one massive crack.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I just need to go faster to crack rotors
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88
Don't wish that upon yourself. It sucks to get in the car, get situated with hans, helmet, gloves, etc and start driving to grid only to find out that you've got a cracked rotor and can't go out that session.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by macr88
Most of the rotors I cracked were most likely due to lack of cool down. The last lap I would always go slow without touching the brakes but then I would come in and park without doing more cool down in the paddock. My last set of stock sized rotors before I got a BBK lasted the longest once I started driving around the paddock for ~5 min before parking. Once parked I move my car forward about a foot or so every 5 minutes until the rotors are cool enough to hold you finger on them. Ive noticed it has also reduced warping with the single piece rotors.

Quick Reply: Centric OEM Replacement Blanks - Brake Rotors