S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Centric OEM Replacement Blanks - Brake Rotors

Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Centric OEM Replacement Blanks - Brake Rotors

Hey everyone. Spending this month prepping for the 2013 autox/track season and am currently on the topic of brakes. I have some Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid in the garage waiting for a flush/bleed, some Carbotech AX6's on order, and began looking for rotors today. If you've spent much time in the R&C subforum you know that most guys that autox/track use standard OEM replacement blank rotors, and a majority prefer the Centric premium blanks. I first looked at Autozone/Advance Auto OEM replacement blanks which totaled around $160-$200 for all four rotors. I also briefly looked at true OEM units from Majestic but was quickly turned off by the $100/rotor price.

So I finally hit the search button and researched where other track guys were getting their Centric blanks from. Found a thread in the NY section mentioning partsgeek.com where I found a great deal on Centric's generic blanks. I paid right at $105 for all four rotors shipped to my door. While these aren't the "premium" versions that have the painted centers, I would wager that they are equivalent to Autozone OEM replacement blanks. So if anyone is looking for some cheap brake rotors with a reputable brand name for street and track, this will be the most affordable place to source them from. Just wanted to pass along the good deal to everyone here.

Note that I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with partsgeek.com, Centric, or otherwise. Just an avid autocrosser in search of the best deals on parts we hate to spend money on (like spending money on socks, who wants to do that?!?).

The website is www.partsgeek.com and the part numbers you want to search for are 121.40048 for the front rotors and 121.40050 for the rear rotors.

Note that they also have the rest of the Centric brand line that you can choose from for our cars at the cheapest prices around, including their cryo treated, slotted, and cross-drilled rotors. I have read that these rotor options are identical to the PowerSlot and StopTech brand names (a few sources stated that they were all the same company, not sure if this is true).
Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you may have purchased cteks which are the lower model of centrics and parts geek advertises them in a somewhat shady manner by saying they're centrics but in the description (if I recall correctly) it says they're cteks.

They'll do you fine but they don't have the nice black paint on the hat and they usually aren't lined up quite as nicely as the centrics.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Former Moderator

One other thing, when ordering from partsgeek you need to try and order from the same warehouse otherwise you'll basically be paying double for shipping. Sometimes it ends up being cheaper to order elsewhere because of this.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 PM

Well on Centric's website using their online parts catalog, they list their products for the S2000. The only one that is blank (that is, NOT slotted and NOT cross-drilled) is the 121.40048 for the front and the 121.40050 for the rear. You are right, they are referred to on the Centric website as "C-TEK Standard Rotor".

If those aren't the part numbers that guys are buying and referring to as "Centric blanks" then what are the correct part numbers? I don't need/care about slots/cross drilled. Does Centric no longer produce the blanks with the painted centers?

Having the Centric name tied to them, I would hope that quality would still be maintained as far as the things that matter (runout/parallelism of the faces, surface finish, material quality). At the least, I would expect equal quality to Duralast, etc. The good thing is that they are only $100, so even if they only last me half the season I will still feel like I got my money's worth.

Edit - Here is Centric's online catalog for the S2000 rotors that I pulled the part number from: http://centric.cataloglookup.com/Inq...00&m=59&mm=760
Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tirerack has the premiums http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...4&autoModClar=
Old 01-26-2013, 06:05 PM

Got it, thanks for setting me straight guys. I have edited the thread title and original post so I don't confuse anyone else. What I've ordered are basic OEM replacement blanks but at a lower price than the brick-and-mortars like Autozone and Advance, and a brand name with some positive backing to them. At the very least I assume they will last just as long as Autozone replacements at around 65% of the cost.

Edit- here is a thread where a few members back up the "CTEK" units. Sounds like exactly what I was looking for. A more-or-less disposable brake rotor that will perform for a season then get replaced with my pads. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/630470-ctek-rotors/
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Former Moderator

Part Number: 23948-05204847 or Part Number: 23948-05023593

Partsgeek has them as well

They're listed just after the first set of slotted rotors and if they don't come up try a different year like 00 or 08 or 05 that sometimes brings up parts I need.

Many people have done the same thing including myself, it felt like I struck gold lol until I got them and was like ooops. I have no idea if they were any worse or better since it was so long ago, they did their job.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 PM

Lol, nothings ever as good as it seems. Just for fun, I will stick two on the CMM's here at work to see how the flatness, runout, and parallelism measure once they come in. Then I'll stick them on one of the CNC lathes to see how balanced they are. Would be nice to have a Centric premium to compare the results with though...

Honestly, I still feel like I hit proverbial gold. I would have otherwise spent $160+ on Autozone rotors of equal quality, so I still saved a chunk of change.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I order Cteks from partsgeek also. If I remember right I got all four corner for around 80-85 last time... You can't beat the price anywhere. If you are using it just for daily driving then they will last you as long as any other brand or OEM. If you use them for the track then they still last as long as other brands or OEM.

Actually I just remembered total cost for all four was around 100-105, but I had used a coupon at the time which brought it down big time.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any deals on the Carbotech AX6's ?

Quick Reply: Centric OEM Replacement Blanks - Brake Rotors