S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

C-C distance between axle nut and caliper bracket bolts

Old 12-07-2015, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C-C distance between axle nut and caliper bracket bolts

I'm using Honda S2000 calipers in a very old Honda which came with 9.1" front rotors. Suffice to say that almost none of the information available online "fits" for this car.

I am switching to 11.8" rotors off an Acura RSX-S. My caliper options are RL 4 pot and the S2k ones, both of which I already own.

The knuckle that came on my car doesn't have the mounting points for the caliper far enough from the axle centerline to allow running these big rotors, so I come to you guys for a bit of help. Also, none of the adapters made by companies like Wilwood, Fastbrakes, etc will work.

I am going to DIY an adapter which will move the caliper mounting points far enough to allow using these rotors. I would be saving a fair bit of time and frustration if any of you guys would be kind enough to take a vernier caliper or even a simple ruler and measure the distance from the axle centerline.

Attached pics in case someone needs a bit of understanding about what I'm asking for.

If anyone decides to help, please make sure you keep the vernier caliper or ruler parallel to the plane in which the two centerlines are, since measuring will take a bit of eyeballing to get anywhere close to the real number and not one affected by parallax.

The distance between the two caliper bolts is already perfect, so that bit of measurement is not required. I basically just need to extend the bracket far enough to allow the rotor to sit properly.

Thank you in advance!
Old 12-08-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

The S2000 rotor is 299.8 mm in diameter, which is 11.8 inches, so you're right that the S2000 knuckle must have the caliper bolts spaced farther from the axle if the S2000 caliper doesn't fit over an identically sized rotor on your knuckle.

I don't have the measurement handy, but you can extrapolate much of a spacer you need! You know your rotor is 299.8 mm, so that's 149.9mm from the hub center. You probably need 3-4mm of space between the rotor and caliper, so total distance from hub should be ~153-154mm. So remove the rotor and mount the S2000 caliper, then measure the current distance from hub center to the inside of the caliper. How much less is that measurement than 153-154 mm? That's how big of a spacer you need to run that rotor.