S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

buddy club n+ reviews

Old 06-01-2010, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how low you can go. Submit a low offer like 750 or something and see what happens. Or 700.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These can go low as you need to. Don't have to worry or have any concerns about that.

Lets just say, low enough that you won't be able to drive your car. And I mean literally this.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daicacharco,Jun 2 2010, 11:39 AM
These can go low as you need to. Don't have to worry or have any concerns about that.

Lets just say, low enough that you won't be able to drive your car. And I mean literally this.
Do you have these coilovers?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 PM

hey I got a question for everyone with the N+.

I've been searching on google, and this website but still haven't come to a definite answer, I'm ordering my N+ set soon so I need to know the following.

1. do i have to mess with the spring preload adjustment when I install them ? (Can't really find a straight guide on how to adjust them) I want to use them for daily driving, no track or anything extreme. I have been reading but haven't come to much conclusion really. Just want a somewhat comfortable ride.

2. once they are installed, and I'm not satisfied with the height and I do raise/lower the car, will I need to play with the spring preload again ?

just wanted to make sure before ordering anything, thanks.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:31 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

are you guys zip tieing your brake lines to the shock tower or are you guys just letting em hang? thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 AM

I zip tied mine
Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 AM

Just installed these yesterday.

My overall install was smooth, I did however underestimate the height and ended up literally sitting on tires in the front. These coilovers can go VERY low. The second time around I took two sets of measurements. Top hat to second lower pearch for the spring (preload length) and also used a caliper to measure inbetween lower and upper collers (height).

The second time around the car did sit alot better. Ater my initial drive on the softest setting all around I decided I WILL be stiffining up the damper asap. Only problem with the coilovers I can see is the lack of brake line bracket along with acess to the rear driver damper adjuster.

All in all very happy with the coilovers.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ricochet,Jun 2 2010, 08:50 PM
hey I got a question for everyone with the N+.

I've been searching on google, and this website but still haven't come to a definite answer, I'm ordering my N+ set soon so I need to know the following.

1. do i have to mess with the spring preload adjustment when I install them ? (Can't really find a straight guide on how to adjust them) I want to use them for daily driving, no track or anything extreme. I have been reading but haven't come to much conclusion really. Just want a somewhat comfortable ride.

2. once they are installed, and I'm not satisfied with the height and I do raise/lower the car, will I need to play with the spring preload again ?

just wanted to make sure before ordering anything, thanks.
Spring preload and height are adjusted seperatly , hence the two sets of perches.

The coilovers come preloaded, I however did three full upward roatations on the upper perches (preload). Only thing you will need to adjust is the height which is only done with the lower pearch.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mintifresh,Jun 7 2010, 08:27 AM
Spring preload and height are adjusted seperatly , hence the two sets of perches.

The coilovers come preloaded, I however did three full upward roatations on the upper perches (preload). Only thing you will need to adjust is the height which is only done with the lower pearch.
yeah that's what I meant.

Should I play around with the preload before I install them, or after I install them ?
Maybe I didn't word it right, I know which one does what, just wanted to see if I need to adjust the preload?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:40 AM

I would adjust the preload before you put on the coilovers, then load the suspension and bolt everything down.

I did this with the car off the ground and the top bolts mounted and bottom bolt mounted but nothing tourqued down. I gave the preload perches a few good turns, taking measurements as well.

Quick Reply: buddy club n+ reviews