S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Brakes

Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes

Im looking to upgrade my OEM rotors to drilled and slotted rotors and looking to change my brake pads.
i dont track the car i just drive it on the street but i have fun with the car. so ive heard that Hawks hp pads are good . what are some good brake rotors that are decent priced . anyone recoment a brand or a link to buy them ?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought some straight-up OEM replacement rotors off partsgeek.com a few days ago for pretty cheap. They also had the Centric brand (Stop Tech / Power Slot) slotted and cross drilled rotors on there for cheaper than anywhere else I could find. Maybe check them out. The ones that are cross drilled and slotted look to be $80 per front and $70 per rear.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Save your money on the rotors, unless you want them for looks. Are you wanting more aggressive braking?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oem brakes are perfectly fine for the streets and spirited driving. You have a S2000 that was designed as a sports car, not a Civic econobox. Save your money for tires
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drilled rotors are not an upgrade... they are purely for looks. Im not sure why everyone is so drawn to HAWK products... the HPS is worse than the stock pads and the HP + are loud, dust like crazy, don't last long, cant handle anything more aggressive than an autocross course, and has corrosive dust.

If you want a good street only pad just stick with oem or look into stoptech street performance. If you want more initial bite look into project mu NS400 or HC+800 depending on how aggressive you plan on being. The Project Mu HC+800 competes with HAWK HP+ but literally destroys it in every category.

As far as rotors, blanks are the way to go IMO. Slotted are much more expensive for an argued *slight* increase in bite from the pad.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
Drilled rotors are not an upgrade... they are purely for looks. Im not sure why everyone is so drawn to HAWK products... the HPS is worse than the stock pads and the HP + are loud, dust like crazy, don't last long, cant handle anything more aggressive than an autocross course, and has corrosive dust.

If you want a good street only pad just stick with oem or look into stoptech street performance. If you want more initial bite look into project mu NS400 or HC+800 depending on how aggressive you plan on being. The Project Mu HC+800 competes with HAWK HP+ but literally destroys it in every category.

As far as rotors, blanks are the way to go IMO. Slotted are much more expensive for an argued *slight* increase in bite from the pad.
This guy is wise.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php?/topic/999936-SOS-lightweight-directional-vane-rotors-are-back!
SOS lightweight directional vane rotors are back!

Need 2 more orders for front rotors. $110. They basically are the best rotors you can get for under $200/rotor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by MMisencik157

thanks for the info !!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

And again, if you are looking for some really cheap OEM blank replacements, you can get all four rotors from partsgeek.com for right at $100 total shipped. I just received mine yesterday, they look of equal quality to Autozone rotors. They appear to have the same double-disc machine ground finish as the premium rotors (just not the painted centers).
Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of our customers have really enjoyed the NS400 pads from Project Mu. They slate between the HPS and HP+. More stopping power than stock and HPS, but less dust than the HP+. Quite affordable as well. We've got a few sets in stock and ready to ship. Let us know if you're interested or would like more information.

Thanks,

Austin

Quick Reply: Brakes