S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Bilstein Pss9

Old 10-04-2011, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein Pss9

Hey guys my car is on PSS9's without helper springs, Im lowered but it looks like the rear of the car is about a finger 1/2 higher than the front. I counted the threads all around and they are all the same. Is there another way I could measure it so I know that im getting equal ride height all around? The front spring is shorter than the rear spring I believe, so if I adjust the front to match the rear will that be okay? Any information would be appreciated.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

The installation manual gives clear instructions on ride heights http://www.dvsegmbh.info/PDF/einbau/...M4-Y529A01.PDF
Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM

Thanks! my PSS9's came with my car so I didnt have the manual!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:21 PM

You're probably going to need to do some adjusting and measuring, if even ride heights are your goal. The corner weights are different for each corner of the car, the front/rear spring rates are different for the PSS9s and the motion ratios are slightly different for the front and rear of the car. So...thread counting won't get you to an even ride height.

Take measurements as it currently sits and start from there. Use the distance from the fender lip to hub center. It's a little more accurate than "finger gaps". Remember to roll the car around a bit after you set it on the ground to let things settle before taking new measurements.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:02 PM

I just installed my pss9 yesterday without helper springs and the coilovers are all the way down but the ride height looks stock still can anybody help me? i have stock top hats. Do i need another one so it can be lower? i want at least another inch drop.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:43 AM

Did you loosen the control arm bolts and then tighten them once the car was on the ground?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:56 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_Rikimaru
I just installed my pss9 yesterday without helper springs and the coilovers are all the way down but the ride height looks stock still can anybody help me? i have stock top hats. Do i need another one so it can be lower? i want at least another inch drop.
take some pics, without the helper springs you shouldnt have any gaps in the front and maybe just maybe like a quarter to half finger gap in the rear? Ive got the helper springs and both perches on mine and it sits pretty low. Also take a measurement from the centercap/axle nut to the top of the fender in inches and report back.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by stwokayyy
Hey guys my car is on PSS9's without helper springs, Im lowered but it looks like the rear of the car is about a finger 1/2 higher than the front. I counted the threads all around and they are all the same. Is there another way I could measure it so I know that im getting equal ride height all around? The front spring is shorter than the rear spring I believe, so if I adjust the front to match the rear will that be okay? Any information would be appreciated.
You will need to raise the front of the car up around 1/4 of an inch to get the fronts to match the rears. But like nmrado said, take some measurements from the top of your fender to your centercap/axlenut and see what the difference is, based on that measurement tailor each corner. I cant even tell how many times Ive measured each end of my car (id guess about a 100 or so)just because im ocd like that, but based on from what other pss/pss9 users have said, the driver side front will need to be raised a tad bit more than the other 3 remaining corners for whatever reason to get it to match the passenger side front.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
Originally Posted by stwokayyy' timestamp='1317765828' post='21039512
You will need to raise the front of the car up around 1/4 of an inch to get the fronts to match the rears. But like nmrado said, take some measurements from the top of your fender to your centercap/axlenut and see what the difference is, based on that measurement tailor each corner. I cant even tell how many times Ive measured each end of my car (id guess about a 100 or so)just because im ocd like that, but based on from what other pss/pss9 users have said, the driver side front will need to be raised a tad bit more(about 1/4-1/8 inch) than the other 3 remaining corners for whatever reason to get it to match the passenger side front.