S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

anyone use godspeed "gspd" rear camber arms?

Old 07-10-2016, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmrado
The kit you linked above is for a set of adjustable toe links, not camber adjusters. While the toe links are adjusted when changing camber settings, they are not the primary means of adjusting camber. If you're lowered and shooting for minimum rear camber, adjustable length toe arms may be needed to bring your toe settings back into the normal range, but there are many variables that would affect this relationship - desired toe, ride height, desired camber, etc...

The SPC camber joints work in a different manner. The SPC camber joint replaces the OE upper control arm ball joint and allows for leaning the rear hub in or out, depending on which way you orient the SPC hardware when you install them.

The typical use for adjustable toe links is to tune or eliminate "bump steer", or dynamic toe. This is done by changing the mounting location of the outer spherical joint with respect to the hub assembly. Every adjustable toe arm kit should come with a set of spacers (of various thicknesses) to allow for tuning of the vertical location of the outer spherical joints. That said, adjustable toe arm kits (or anti-bump steer kits) are not just something you can install without properly tuning the shim stack arrangement and taking toe measurements as a function of suspension compression.

Hopefully that clarifies the intended use of the two kits mentioned in this thread.
Sorry to bring this back up, but this is an amazing explanation but it's a hair over my head, can you simplify it a little more? I'm trying to minimize my camber while being low and I can't seem to figure out the best way to do it. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:37 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by zacks2k
Originally Posted by nmrado' timestamp='1320433228' post='21129618
The kit you linked above is for a set of adjustable toe links, not camber adjusters. While the toe links are adjusted when changing camber settings, they are not the primary means of adjusting camber. If you're lowered and shooting for minimum rear camber, adjustable length toe arms may be needed to bring your toe settings back into the normal range, but there are many variables that would affect this relationship - desired toe, ride height, desired camber, etc...

The SPC camber joints work in a different manner. The SPC camber joint replaces the OE upper control arm ball joint and allows for leaning the rear hub in or out, depending on which way you orient the SPC hardware when you install them.

The typical use for adjustable toe links is to tune or eliminate "bump steer", or dynamic toe. This is done by changing the mounting location of the outer spherical joint with respect to the hub assembly. Every adjustable toe arm kit should come with a set of spacers (of various thicknesses) to allow for tuning of the vertical location of the outer spherical joints. That said, adjustable toe arm kits (or anti-bump steer kits) are not just something you can install without properly tuning the shim stack arrangement and taking toe measurements as a function of suspension compression.

Hopefully that clarifies the intended use of the two kits mentioned in this thread.
Sorry to bring this back up, but this is an amazing explanation but it's a hair over my head, can you simplify it a little more? I'm trying to minimize my camber while being low and I can't seem to figure out the best way to do it. Thanks in advance.
First question first: Have you taken it to an alignment shop and asked them to minimize your camber?

2nd question: You realize that camber doesn't eat tires...toe does.

If you're unfamiliar with suspension geometry terms this is a good read: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=4

Simple answer: For camber get SPC ball joints...NOT these. These are for toe adjustment. I have the megans and they are rusted slap up. I'd say stick with stock.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Originally Posted by zacks2k' timestamp='1468185940' post='24013244
[quote name='nmrado' timestamp='1320433228' post='21129618']

First question first: Have you taken it to an alignment shop and asked them to minimize your camber?

2nd question: You realize that camber doesn't eat tires...toe does.

If you're unfamiliar with suspension geometry terms this is a good read: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...e.jsp?techid=4

Simple answer: For camber get SPC ball joints...NOT these. These are for toe adjustment. I have the megans and they are rusted slap up. I'd say stick with stock.
[/quote]

Thank you tons. Yes I did my own and I'm raised up pretty far on coils but still like an inch drop I'd say. Max I could get was -2.4 in rear, front is perfect at -1.0 I'd like rear at about -1.8 I guess. This was done keeping toe at 0.0 as well. My goal is the U.K. spec alignment on about a 2 inch drop. Now another question: should I get upper or lower? Pros, cons? Any help is good help, I build engines, haven't learned suspension at all honestly when it comes to this stuff. Throwing parts on and alignment I can do but I don't quite understand how they all work
Old 07-12-2016, 06:39 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Get upper. Easier access and more adjustability.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:58 AM

Received 480 Likes on 392 Posts

The guy with the all motor lap record around streets of willow used these.