S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Anyone running EBC rotors/pads?

Old 10-17-2010, 07:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone running EBC rotors/pads?

Whats up fellas. I tried doing a search for EBC and came up with ZERO results. I figured someone had to be running these rotors and/or pads but I guess not. I had them on my RSX with some hawk pads and the braking was phenomenal. Has anyone heard any great things for use on the S2000? If not, do you know why? Thanks gents!

Anthony

Here they are

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/E...sc&autoview=SKU

http://www.thepartsbin.com/ebc-brake-pads.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-3GD-DRI...=item2eae4caaaf
Old 10-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

My bf and I both run EBC Sport rotors, not pads though. I haven't noticed any difference with them (compared to OEM) except that they make sort of a faint scratching noise.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EBC Greens on the Acura TLS--Love them
Old 10-26-2010, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ran the greenstuff pads on an integra for street driving. They dusted HEAVILY and the dust is dark black. Great initial bite even when cold, but the pads wore much much faster than standard pads. They were easy on the rotor though
Old 10-26-2010, 03:16 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

I recently had a chance to buy the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors for my S2k. I don't like the look of the EBC rotors for the S2000, they seemed kinda cheesy looking. I had a chance to buy them but I went with something else. I've used EBC Greenstuff on past Hondas and I didn't like them.

I just put on KVR cross-drilled rotors on the front, Msport cross-drilled and slotted rotors on the rear, Hawk HPS brake pads on all four corners, and GT Motoring's Challenge stainless steel braided brake lines on all four corners. The brakes feel amazing in all conditions, love the upgrade. KVR and Msport rotors are Canadian made rotors manufactured from superior materials unlike many cheaper import brands produced in Asia. The metallurgy of premium rotors makes a big difference in quality. KVR rotors are very expensive but they are great quality and I didn't mind buying them. Msports are a much more affordable rotor and are still great quality rotors.

For US brands you might want to consider Stoptech rotors, they are good quality at a decent price, the new password jdm rotors being advertised in the suspension and handling special deals forum look like pretty good rotors as well. A few s2000 owners have gone with Centric premium rotors as well, I'm not too familiar with them but they seem to have a good reputation.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:16 AM

I'm using O'Rielly Wagner lifetime rotors and EBC Greestuffs on my AP1 street/ autocross car, and love them. The Greenstuffs are perfect at street/ autocross temps, and the dust is nearly invisible on my black RPF1s.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

a lot of reports on problems with cracked rotors and crumpling pads.
if they were cheaper than stock would worth to consider. maybe.
for higher than stock prices i don't see any reason.....
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=JulieU,Oct 23 2010, 06:25 PM]My bf and I both run EBC Sport rotors, not pads though.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 PM

First YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
I have ran EBC (yellow) and (green)
There are different levels of ebc pads - ie: color coded
The Green is for daily streat driving only, its a non metalic organic pad, low dust (heavy dust during break in only) not for the track or autoX, and they are cheap.
The Red stuff is fine for autoX, maybe a beginner track day and daily, but dust a lot. cost are substantially more.
The Yellow are a really good pad, great bite, and good for autoX and some track abuse. Cost a little more than red.
Other colors are intended for other specific uses and vehicles...

If your just driving on the street and an occational autocross - Use factory Honda Pads. (if there is a brake problem - its probly the driver, not the pads)

If your dedicating your car to the Track mostly and you dont mind lots of dust -
The Best pad for the S2k is Carbotec 10's Front and Carbotec 8's rear. cost even more.
Use a solid rotor - Centric is a good bang for buck.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running the EBC greens on the front right now, very easy to modulate, low dust and quiet but i fnd the bite lacking for my tastes.

Quick Reply: Anyone running EBC rotors/pads?