S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Aftermarket Springs that match OEM spring rates

Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket Springs that match OEM spring rates

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone knows of an aftermarket spring set that matches the spring rates of the front and rear OEM springs. I have been researching around, and right now Swift Sport Springs seem to be the closest for me, since the fronts match exactly while the rear spring rates are higher. Any suggestions would be great. I am looking for a spring set so I can lower my car a little, do not care about improving the handling just want a set that doesn't ruin the already good stock suspension setup.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

swift spec r
Old 05-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The spring rates on those are much higher than OEM and you would need to get new shocks with those springs, in my opinion.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:08 PM

They are higher, but well within the range and capability of oem shocks. The swift springs ride very well and they were specifically engineered and tested in their development for use with OEM dampers.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Actually the Swift Sport Mach (Sport version of the Spec-R) are pretty much dead on with OEM rate. The only difference is that it's 1 inch lower in the front and .7 in the back (that fixes the rake), and also the rear springs are progressive, which feature a static rate thats lower than ap2 rate, but upon hard cornering are higher than oem rear.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 AM

I'm in the same boat as you...I would like to drop the car but maintain as much as the stock ride as possible. I prefer the extra drop that the Spec-R gives but I am not sure how much the ride differs when compared to the stock AP2 setup. The Sport Mach are closest to the stock spring rate but I am not sure if it gives enough of a drop for me. Anyone with experience with both sets, please chime in. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Think shocks, not springs. Use OEM springs on Koni shocks with the perch in the lower position.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Think shocks, not springs. Use OEM springs on Koni shocks with the perch in the lower position.

How much does that drop the car if I take that approach? Does it drop the car evenly or larger drop in front or rear? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

look here. I started a similar thread for pics. Drifted away from topic in the middle, but finally came together in the end:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/886...w-lower-perch/
Old 05-04-2012, 05:24 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure about some of these replies. The following thread will help you, as it has the rates, drops, etc. for most S2000 springs (including stock for all model years): https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/545...prings-thread/

Swifts are terrific quality springs. I have the Sport Machs and like them (although I'd like to go a bit lower and potentially stiffer in the future). They lower the car around .7" in the FRONT and 1" in the REAR. And like you said, the rates are similar to stock (especially earlier model AP1s - stiffer in the rear - I see you have a 2005). Keep in mind they're progressive in the rear, meaning the rate gets stiffer as the spring compresses... from what I understand.

The Spec R springs are significantly stiffer than stock and probably not what you're looking for. Sounds like the Sport Machs, Eibach Pro Kit, Tanabe options, etc. would be up your alley.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Springs that match OEM spring rates