S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Adjusting Koni yellows

Old 09-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Koni yellows

Did a track day at Streets yesterday, and adjusted the rebound on my Koni's to full hard. The problem is, it's nearly impossible to get to the adjuster on the left rear shock as it's blocked by the full filler pipe. I've tried various combinations of pliers, sockets etc and it takes about a half hour just to turn the adjuster on that one shock. Anybody running the Konis, how do you do it?

Also I'm running Ground Control sleeves and the height adjustment rings are very tight/sticky and a couple are impossible to turn by hand. Any suggestions? Does GC make a wrench for those or will a standard coilover wrench fit?

thanks.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I did.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/im...ment-knobjpeg/
Old 09-20-2011, 08:00 AM

I know it sucks but I just don't. I need to modify my tool like this guy above me, haha. You can google this topic, but try reading about the inconsistencies of koni dampers. If I can find the article I am thinking of I'll post it up. Basically it was saying on a dyno, 2 rear dampers at full stiff are no where near each other.

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

He starts talking about it around point 5 or so. He says Konis are good, he's just letting you know what his experiences has been with them. Kinda interesting.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by prowess
I know it sucks but I just don't. I need to modify my tool like this guy above me, haha. You can google this topic, but try reading about the inconsistencies of koni dampers. If I can find the article I am thinking of I'll post it up. Basically it was saying on a dyno, 2 rear dampers at full stiff are no where near each other.

He starts talking about it around point 5 or so. He says Konis are good, he's just letting you know what his experiences has been with them. Kinda interesting.
Yes, also read the link I posted which nobody seems to have much interest in :/ It's from another person, but he seems to have a similar sentiment towards Konis. They aren't the best, but for the price they're good shocks and are far better than some of the well-known much pricier Japanese bling shocks...

There are places that dyno and match Konis so you get a set of 4 that all have similar properties. Unfortunately I don't have any links right now...
Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jorsher
Originally Posted by prowess' timestamp='1316534425' post='20989441

Yes, also read the link I posted which nobody seems to have much interest in :/ It's from another person, but he seems to have a similar sentiment towards Konis. They aren't the best, but for the price they're good shocks and are far better than some of the well-known much pricier Japanese bling shocks...

There are places that dyno and match Konis so you get a set of 4 that all have similar properties. Unfortunately I don't have any links right now...
Any authorized dealer who sells koni can dyno match shocks for you.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by robinson
Originally Posted by Jorsher' timestamp='1316535851' post='20989534
[quote name='prowess' timestamp='1316534425' post='20989441']

Any authorized dealer who sells koni can dyno match shocks for you.
[/quote]

That is nice to hear. I was under the belief only certain people did it. Nice!