S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Adjusting Height on KW V3's

Old 12-05-2013, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Height on KW V3's

Hello,

I was searching the forums, and having trouble finding the information. Hoping that someone on here could provide me with a link or the information. I installed my KW V3's but the car is sitting to low. Unlike the buddy clubs I pulled off, I am having trouble finding the height adjustment. I read through the manual that came with them, and didn't see anything for adjusting the height. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Zane

[attachment=49976:IMG_1472.JPG]
Attached Thumbnails Adjusting Height on KW V3's-img_1472.jpg  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loosen the 3mm set screw on spring collar, then use your spanner wrench and rotate counter clockwise to raise spring up. KW do not have seperate height and preload adjustment like other coilovers. I would do half turns per side and adjust accordingly. Hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:26 AM

just because you're going to eventually get to it and it will annoy you I'll let you know now that 12-14 full turns = 1 inch. Guesstimate from there.

Also bear in mind once you change the settings the car will sit slightly higher until it settles. Drive the car for a bit to see where the final height ends up. Do some hard braking, etc. But generally, depending how much you want to raise the car the ballpark figures I just gave you will be accurate. GL
Old 12-06-2013, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for the info
Old 12-06-2013, 08:45 AM

Im glad I found this since im about to buy a set
Old 12-06-2013, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by DougEFresh
Loosen the 3mm set screw on spring collar, then use your spanner wrench and rotate counter clockwise to raise spring up. KW do not have seperate height and preload adjustment like other coilovers. I would do half turns per side and adjust accordingly. Hope this helps.
Crap. I recently adjusted my KW V3s and forgot to loosen the set screw. I was able to get the desired results, but now I'm worried that I damaged something. Since then, I've only driven the car a few miles to settle the suspension.

Should I be worried?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by gizzard
Originally Posted by DougEFresh' timestamp='1386309587' post='22909978
Crap. I recently adjusted my KW V3s and forgot to loosen the set screw. I was able to get the desired results, but now I'm worried that I damaged something. Since then, I've only driven the car a few miles to settle the suspension.

Should I be worried?
just means the screw wasn't tightened in the first place or you forced it loose by force. Nothing is necessarily broken. the collar shouldn't move on its own anyhow.

It's not a good thing but you should be okay. Try tightening that screw to get it to lock in place, and if not keep an eye on it.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:03 PM

Thanks, that's somewhat reassuring. Was there any chance of damaging the threads by not fully loosening the set screw?

I hope the weather is good tomorrow so I can make it to the shop and get the car up on a lift.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by gizzard
Thanks, that's somewhat reassuring. Was there any chance of damaging the threads by not fully loosening the set screw?

I hope the weather is good tomorrow so I can make it to the shop and get the car up on a lift.

I'm almost positive its impossible for that weak bolt to do anything to the threads. It's not even the best locking mechanism, willing to bet you're fine.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
Originally Posted by gizzard' timestamp='1386389022' post='22911564

I'm almost positive its impossible for that weak bolt to do anything to the threads. It's not even the best locking mechanism, willing to bet you're fine.
I agree. The threads in the plastic collar would strip before you damaged threads on shock body.

Quick Reply: Adjusting Height on KW V3's