S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Would You Rocker Guard Rear Wheel Well Lips ?

Old 03-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts
Default Would You Rocker Guard Rear Wheel Well Lips ?

Hi all. When I bought my car a few months ago the old owner and I were talking about the possibility of the rear wheel wells rusting, much like you see on older Accords and Civics, Integras etc... . He told me that he removed the rubber protector that goes around the rear wheel well metal lip specifically to avoid rusting potential, as the older Hondas rusted due to the rubber protectors on them.

I wasn't aware of the S2k having the rubber protector, but I was thinking of possibly spraying the metal lip that goes around the rear wheel wells with that rubberized rocker guard. Does anyone have any opinions on this ?. I was thinking that it would help protect against stone chips, but I wonder if it will trap moisture should it ever crack. That stuff is pretty darn tough though, not sure if it really would crack or not as it is rubberized to some degree.

Looking to keep the car for a very long time, any advice on protecting those areas against rust would be great. thanks for any replies on this.