S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

OEM Hardtop Ding repair

Old 02-06-2011, 02:35 AM
xoz

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OEM Hardtop Ding repair

Getting this HT shipped over to Australia, was wondering if the repair experts can tell from the pic how easy or not this would be..I'll be taking out the inner liner to help facilitate the repair.
top left in the pic or rear passenger (LHD) corner

What are your thoughts? Appreciation given.

Name:  2m3skrm.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  25.5 KB
Old 02-06-2011, 02:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some paintless dent removal shops can work wonders nowadays. I say bring the photo to a shop and ask if they can work he dent out through PDR techniques. I'm pretty sure it's possible. I had 3 door dings fixed today for just $60. Now the car is dent free and looks as new as day 1. So, I would give a good paintless dent removal shop a chance. Do your research in finding one that does superb work. It looks like and easy fix for your top. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 PM
xoz

thanks lltysonll... r you still visiting down under?
anyone else care to tell their opinions?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea man a paintless repair will do it i had a hit about the size of a fist in my quarter panel and it repaired and it looks superb.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:50 PM
xoz

is the quarter panel aluminium as well?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:56 PM

I'm sure it is.

As for my trip, it is still on. Which part Australia should we visit. I know Sydney is mostly on everyones list but any other scenic or other places. We have a week there and spending the rest of the vacation 2-3 weeks in indonesia.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:00 PM

You can remove most dents anywhere on the car. Some places have a re enforcement beam or places that have an obstruction. If, so they usually drill a small hole to access that panel where the dent maybe. For instance on the quarter panel near tail lights there is a few metal obstructions in the way. You need to drill a small home to get to the dent.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes paintless dent removal is the way to go, although my dents were not that size when i bought the car i had them all taken out for 100 dollars! It depends on where you live that the price will change, i will say florida was really cheap!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:15 PM
xoz

Thanks again..

as per your trip, if I were you I'd do the unique, like Tasmania and Ferry penguin island. Head to Ayres Rock for a couple of days? Nth Queensland islands/ Great Barrier reef, have just taken a hit with Cyclone Yasi so not the best time to go there.
Gold Coast is great where I am, rain forest to surf only an hours flight north of Sydney. But a lot like Florida so not so unique.
I'd do Ayers Rock, did you see Oprah? nothing on earth like a climb to the top of the rock....
Old 02-07-2011, 07:12 PM

thanks, I definitely want to see ayers rock. That was the first thing that came to mind when we started mentioning Australia in our trip. Forget the tourist attraction of Sydney. Is it expensive to vacation there?

Quick Reply: OEM Hardtop Ding repair