S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

OEM hardtop catching on the window

Old 01-20-2014, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM hardtop catching on the window

Wondering if anyone has had the same problem with their OEM hardtop clipping the driver's side (RHD) window when opening and closing the door? It only makes slight contact near the front end, but enough to create an unnerving thud on closing the door.

From what I can see and assume, it might be caused by the the edge piece of the hardtop being angled very slightly steeper on the driver's side than the passenger side. I'm guessing the previous owner didn't take care when handling the roof and bent the side somehow...

Any ideas for a fix besides lightly hammering up the edge (which I'm not keen on)?

Hoping it's just a fitment issue as I'm also getting some rattling on the rear side on bumpy roads. But, after refitting the roof a few times, I can't seem to get any improvement.

Cheers.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by p3te2
Wondering if anyone has had the same problem with their OEM hardtop clipping the driver's side (RHD) window when opening and closing the door? It only makes slight contact near the front end, but enough to create an unnerving thud on closing the door.

From what I can see and assume, it might be caused by the the edge piece of the hardtop being angled very slightly steeper on the driver's side than the passenger side. I'm guessing the previous owner didn't take care when handling the roof and bent the side somehow...

Any ideas for a fix besides lightly hammering up the edge (which I'm not keen on)?

Hoping it's just a fitment issue as I'm also getting some rattling on the rear side on bumpy roads. But, after refitting the roof a few times, I can't seem to get any improvement.

Cheers.
Try adding a shim on each side of the front latches. Slightly raising the top may also remedy some of the rattles.