S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Had a friends family mother back into the side of my car.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Had a friends family mother back into the side of my car.

Well yesterday I was visiting a friend and one of his family members backed their car into the side of mine.

It looked really bad at first but I was able to buff out most of the damage.

There are a few dents in the rear quarter panel as well as a couple slight ones in the door. Don't really see them unless looking at an angle.

There is also a long scrape up and down the edge of the quarter panel where it meets the door when closed.

The paint there is completely scraped off so obviously no buffing that out.

I am guessing the entire quarter panel would need to be painted? And then the door and bumper would have to be painted?

Can just a section of it be painted?

Not going through insurance or anything but they offered to pay for all the repairs.

Trying to see what the repair would entail. I guess PDR should be able to get the dents out since there are no creases. However one of the dents is right on the rear section that has the slight crease in the design so not sure if that will greatly complicate things.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, bummer to hear this... My driver side fender was backed into last year - the paint scraped, cracked, and flaked off in parts, though my fender had a crease that couldn't be repaired, so they replaced that - just depends on the degree of the crease and time for the shop.

I'd guess they'll have to repaint all the damaged areas and blend. Find the best place you can to do it; I had a great shop do mine, though the repainted sections are still evident in certain light conditions. Sounds like PDR should take care of the dents where there is no paint scraping.

What color is your car? Hopefully you get some great paintwork to take care of it, always depressing when something like this happens! Keep us posted on how things go
Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear this, but yes the panels can be blended which should save you money over an entire paint job. However I would suggest using an experienced painter that sprays with quality paint. From my knowledge the higher quality the paint, the more blend-able it is.