S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

getting ASM front bumper. reviews?

Old 02-25-2012, 05:27 AM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MugenAP2
Lol. Do you buy fake watches? Do you buy fake shoes? Do you buy fake clothing? Do you buy imitation food?

Why would you support replicas?

If you can not afford it please do not fake the funk.

f@#k Fake Parts.
My hardtop is a replica. You mad? Gonna throw it in the dumpster because I didn't spend $4k on it after paint. May as well sell the car too. I'm unworthy to be around you big tymers.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lopez14
Thanks guys, I really appreciate someone backing me up and standing up for the new guy here. It's clowns like that guy that keeps good peop le away from this amazing forum. I thought about.the same thing, why wish a fellow s2k owner misfortune? It's not his car not his money soo just politly tell me I will most likely have a hard time fitting it. And yea now I realise I should start posting before buying, I guessed I just jumped on that bumper cause it looked nice, was cheap, and I just wanted to get back into the s2k and I thought it would fit well but I guess that was just thoughtful thinking but I guess the only way to find out is to wait for it to get here next week. Also do you guys think I can put it on my self? Of course I would get it painted at a shop but is putting it on hard?

And estooki I really hope they changed their mold from when you bought yours...
No worries man, and don't let that guy get to you. It's your car, you should choose what you want to do with it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but to wish misfortune on someone who did nothing to you...that's just being a dick.

As for installing it yourself...the answer is: it depends. If the bumper fits well, you should have no problem doing it yourself. Shouldn't take too long with basic hand tools. If the bumper fits like crap, you will more than likely have to take it to a body shop to have it fitted. The reason is because the body shop should have the knowledge, experience, and tools necessary to alter the bumper enough for it to fit. The risk is that they may not be able to get it to fit 100% like you would want it to...which is always the risk with replicas.

Good luck man, and take pics!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NFR_AP2
OP youre an idiot, hope the bumper fits like shit
Your Rude. Lets see how far you get in life.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:26 AM

Well I've heard of replicas getting cheap now a days "witz" sells the front bumper for like 250 shipped conus haha but there were no fitment pics. I've owned a shine front bumper
And it had oem fitment! ( lying it was about 9/10 could have used some work but it wasn't bad enough where I had to have the work done ) extreme dimensions offers 100 % satisfaction and recently had handled a bad situation greatly! So I know next time I buy a kit it'll be from them.
On a serious side note my trash bins at my work place had "duraflex" lids that we smash with our forklift all the time to compress the rubbish with out it flying at our faces and it never breaks
Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that you tell me that about extreme dimensions I really do regret not going that way. I was going to get this extreme dimensions bumper that looks nice in the pics but looked kind of ricey in a way so them I decided to order that asm replica and a few day later I went to a car meet at night and this black s2k pulls up with the extremely dimensions bumper I was going to get so I go over to check it out and it didn't look ricey at all. It looked very good and fitment was great on it so I kinda regret not getting that one instead but oh well, hopefully I get lucky with my asm
Old 02-26-2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by NFR_AP2
this place is the next b20vtec with all these fags buying cheap ass parts. if you cant afford an S2000 then gtfo!
Wow. Are you serious buddy? Last time I checked S2000s weren't in the same price bracket as a 911, Ferrari, GTR or NSX. Get a grip. I don't condone replicas or cheap copy parts. I buy genuine or OEM. But (unlike you it seems) I don't sit there thinking I'm better than the next guy because I can afford genuine. And I don't confuse my S2000 for a high priced exotic. If you can't help answer this guy's question, then Maybe you should follow your own advice instead.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Former Moderator

Post closed

This post is going no where fast....if you don't have anything positive to contribute to the OP's question please don't say anything at all.