S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

ebay oem rear spoiler

Old 12-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to anyone who bought the silverstone color....

Which paint code did you give them?

I thought the silverstone's paint code was NH630M, which isn't listed as any of the options.

Any help here?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark355
So I just installed an OEM style trunk lip from "emotors2000" on eBay. $119 shipped and painted. Couldn't believe how fast it shipped from Taiwan. I received it in less than a week! Paint match to my SSM is freaking great and fitment is awesome. Surface reflection is consistent and true. I'll give the piece a strong 9/10 overall and this definitely beats the $500 painted ASM duckbill I was going to get originally. Need to keep my third brake light to pass State inspection anyway. Opted to install it using the adhesive that came on the spoiler, no drilling. Trunk still pops, barely.

Boss budget mod!

Same one I got from BMWCHOP168...for $98.00 shipped free....looks great as does mine.....
Old 12-16-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by HappyVirus
to anyone who bought the silverstone color....

Which paint code did you give them?

I thought the silverstone's paint code was NH630M, which isn't listed as any of the options.

Any help here?

Thanks
My paint code is NH552M Sebring Silver.......Just look up your code and let them know what the code is and they will match...Your paint code should be on inside your door jam......Honda changed name of colors throughout the years but most of the actual colors stayed the same just code change....
Old 12-16-2011, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a template to install it? Just concerned how you line it up front to back...I don't want to install it too far behind? Maybe I am overthinking this...
Old 12-17-2011, 12:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you look under you trunk you will notice that there are 2 circles in both sides (left-right).In these two circles the metal is thinner than in the whole trunk and it's made from factory like that so you can drill holes to put the OEM spoiler.That's the right spot.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by kchandra
Is there a template to install it? Just concerned how you line it up front to back...I don't want to install it too far behind? Maybe I am overthinking this...
Good question but most aftermarket ( at least the one I put on ) did not come with template...no big deal tho, my post #61 shows how I
used some painters tape to mark position on left and right side and in center....I lined mine up using the back of the edge of the trunk
and the ends of the spoiler and then put the center tape on and on both edges....your eyes will tell you when it's right....
Best of luck if you do the mod......I probably would have made a template if I had mounted the spoiler using the bolts but I only used
the 3m tape that came on the spoiler and added some extra tape also shown in one of my pictures...
Old 12-17-2011, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Vagelis
If you look under you trunk you will notice that there are 2 circles in both sides (left-right).In these two circles the metal is thinner than in the whole trunk and it's made from factory like that so you can drill holes to put the OEM spoiler.That's the right spot.
Yep and those 2 circles will line up with the aftermarket ones as well, I used those as reference points when I mounted mine but did not want to drill holes in my trunk where down the raod might want to take spoiler off...used 3m tape....good point tho Vagelis...
Old 12-18-2011, 07:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone ordered a Rio Yellow from this guy yet? Wondering how the paint match will be.

All you guys sticking the spoiler with the tape, any problems of it lifting off?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by nos4you
Anyone ordered a Rio Yellow from this guy yet? Wondering how the paint match will be.

All you guys sticking the spoiler with the tape, any problems of it lifting off?
To early to tell with mine but read maybe on this thread someone said his has been on more than year with no problems, I think they do a great job matching any paint color.....
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 PM

Anyone know what to do with that little tube that came with the spoiler.

Quick Reply: ebay oem rear spoiler