S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

ebay oem rear spoiler

Old 07-19-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OEM spoilers from Honda come with two heavy duty spring upgrades to hold up the weight of the new spoiler...

How does the trunk with the OE replica work without the upgraded springs? Is there a way to purchase the upgraded springs from the Honda parts store?
Old 07-19-2015, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine last week from oem thing. No problem with the trunk opening with the remote,The weight with packaging from fedex is only 4.41lbs. Another happy customer. Fit perfectly and paint was close if not perfect, and my car is an 02. I bolted mine on and the holes matched up with the oem. Wish they made an oem style ap1 lip.
Attached Thumbnails ebay oem rear spoiler-img_0087.jpg  
Old 07-21-2015, 11:17 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

My spoiler has been on for 3 years, trunk opens fine. (I wish they made a AP1 lip too)
Levi
Old 07-21-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

sooo i messaged oem thing about a GPW lip for my car, and this was the response i got, anyone ever get this??

Dear Sir,

Usually for white color, there will have color difference issue, which is the paint for the spoiler we used is from Standox with oem formula , but the color on the car will change along with time and different condition of using. If you can accept the spoiler may have color difference when it install on your car, we will paint it for you.
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paint-code.htm

If you prefer 100% color match, we would suggest that you order unpainted spoiler and proceed paint job at local paint shop.

Please let us know. :-)

Thank you.
Sincerely,

- oem.thing
Old 07-21-2015, 02:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dds76
Wish they made an oem style ap1 lip.
Originally Posted by NNY S2k
(I wish they made a AP1 lip too)
Levi

The AP2 lip that everyone here seems to like is from BaysonR.

It appears they make an AP1 lip at this link: http://www.baysonr.com/00_03_Honda_S...-s2kap1-oe.htm
Old 07-21-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hand banana
sooo i messaged oem thing about a GPW lip for my car, and this was the response i got, anyone ever get this??

Dear Sir,

Usually for white color, there will have color difference issue, which is the paint for the spoiler we used is from Standox with oem formula , but the color on the car will change along with time and different condition of using. If you can accept the spoiler may have color difference when it install on your car, we will paint it for you.
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paint-code.htm

If you prefer 100% color match, we would suggest that you order unpainted spoiler and proceed paint job at local paint shop.

Please let us know. :-)

Thank you.
Sincerely,

- oem.thing
That is a default response for certain colors, GPW being one of them. My paint match isn't perfect and is most obvious under fluorescent lights. It also seems to be very thin and easy to scratch. For the price though, it makes sense to have it done and take your chances. Really, it's about as good as can be expected for the price and doesn't look bad. If you want perfection, go OEM or have it painted/blended at a professional body shop that can match it to your exact car. It will probably come out to about the same price though in which case OEM would always be my choice.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by MikeekiM
Originally Posted by dds76' timestamp='1437366986' post='23686177
Wish they made an oem style ap1 lip.
Originally Posted by NNY S2k
(I wish they made a AP1 lip too)
Levi

The AP2 lip that everyone here seems to like is from BaysonR.

It appears they make an AP1 lip at this link: http://www.baysonr.com/00_03_Honda_S...-s2kap1-oe.htm
They have been out of stock on the ap1 lip, I talked to them and no eta of when they will get them back in.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by dds76
Just got mine last week from oem thing. No problem with the trunk opening with the remote,The weight with packaging from fedex is only 4.41lbs. Another happy customer. Fit perfectly and paint was close if not perfect, and my car is an 02. I bolted mine on and the holes matched up with the oem. Wish they made an oem style ap1 lip.
Did yours come with mounting hardware (mine didnt)? If not, what size bolts did you use?
Old 07-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

These spoilers from ebay are legit. I couldn't have asked for a better spoiler. Price was cheap, shipped fast, paint and quality was good
Old 07-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by zman0125
Originally Posted by dds76' timestamp='1437366986' post='23686177
Did yours come with mounting hardware (mine didnt)? If not, what size bolts did you use?
My spoiler did not come with the bolts. Sorry I cannot remember the exact size. I think the thread pattern was the same as a 10mm from our car. Just make sure it's short because the threads on the spoiler do not go in very far. I used touchup paint and rubber grommets on each side. My Lowe's had the bolt's and the grommets. I also used the 3m tape that came with it to keep the water from getting under the spoiler. The tape is really strong and is more than enough to hold the spoiler on. I used the bolts for alignment and peace of mind, OCD I guess

Quick Reply: ebay oem rear spoiler