S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

ebay oem rear spoiler

Old 12-15-2013, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ebay rear spoiler, Got mine in 5 days and it fits perfect !!
Old 12-15-2013, 03:58 PM

Searching through this thread, sounds like no one has tried Rio Yellow Pearl. I contacted oem.thing on ebay and he said he could paint it, but I will admit I am very concerned about paint match as well... If anyone has got one and can tell us the vendor and how it turned out, that would be great! Thanks!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kchandra
Searching through this thread, sounds like no one has tried Rio Yellow Pearl. I contacted oem.thing on ebay and he said he could paint it, but I will admit I am very concerned about paint match as well... If anyone has got one and can tell us the vendor and how it turned out, that would be great! Thanks!
Friend of mine bought a Spa yellow ( also a bit difficult to match like Rio ), from oem.thing, and he is very happy with the match.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 AM

Has anyone been able to remove this successfully? I might go with a different set up down the road.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ateens4
Has anyone been able to remove this successfully? I might go with a different set up down the road.
If youre talking about removing it after you used 3m, I'd suggest using heat. On my truck I had good luck removing something I had 3m'd on then used a blower dryer to remove. After that i bought a glue remover tool. It attaches to a drill.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by IrishCarBomb
Originally Posted by ateens4' timestamp='1387885112' post='22936493
If youre talking about removing it after you used 3m, I'd suggest using heat. On my truck I had good luck removing something I had 3m'd on then used a blower dryer to remove. After that i bought a glue remover tool. It attaches to a drill.
Thank you, heat seems to be the best method then. I tried removing items off my old Celica with not success and ended up selling the car with the parts I intended to removed because it was extremely difficult.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:34 PM

I too was curious about removing mine. Not because I don't like the way it looks but because it's just slightly uneven... not that anyone else has ever noticed but me lol.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:56 PM

I purchased a GPW one from "bmw chop".

It arrived 4-5 days after i bought it and the quality is absolutely great!

My S is a 2004 gpw from florida that is garaged almost ll the time and the paint is a terrific match to my paint considering color fade over the years. Is it truly 100% dead on color wise? well no. But will anyone be able to tell, I highly highly highly doubt it.

also, the oem bolt holes line up directly, so you can bolt it with the 2 included bolts for security and use the 3m for insulation under the spoiler.

I just posted this for future reference since there isnt jack shit in this thread about white.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jamsheddy
Hi everyone,

So my wing came in actually last night and i must say i am very pleased and impressed with the way everything turned out for only spending $119 shipped with PAINT!
Below you will see some pictures i took of it the way it came to my door step, taking it out, all hardware and kit it came wiht and you will even see it has the 3M "strong" double sided tape that you can find at your local Autoparts store.

Lets start off with the Quality. The quality is very amazing, light in weight and literally looks and feels just like the original OEM spoiler except $200 cheaper.

The Paint i must say on the spoiler of course is 10/10. Now on my car since it use to sit out in the horrble sun for years has taken a beating on my car. Especially living in Houston Texas where it's super humid and hot 315 days out of the year. Now with that being said it still looks very good and the match on the paint almost perfect.

I was thinking of writing a Pros and Cons list but i have no Cons so therfore if you are someone that is on a budget but wants the OEM looks with everything shipped to your door ready to plug and play then you cannot go wrong with this item.

Now enough of me rambling cause i could go on and on on how impressed i am but that would take away from the Pictures. Anyways i hope you all found this interesting and anyone who actually onws one of these can vouch for me and the seller from ebay. for a cheap eBay purchase. PM me if anyone has any questions at all.. OH and the pics with the spoiler on the car is not mounted, just placed on there for photo's and to show you all. Plus having my BYS wing on for almost 2 years made my trunk dirty . So i will clean it before installing the spoiler. YAY 3rd BRAKE LIGHT AGAIN! Good luck and happy spending.

PACKAGED PRODUCT: 10/10

OUT OF BOX w/ HARDWARE AND 3M DOUBLED-SIDED TAPE INSTALLED 10/10

Notice i placed the 2 screws the product came with in the holes at the very end of the spoiler. This is where you can drill into your trunk if you want for extra security. I however am going to try and see how long it can last with just the 3M tape.

COLOR COMPARISON TO MY BYS SPOILER..10/10

NOW FOR THE SHOTS OF IT ON THE CAR.. BUT NOT INSTALLED, JUST PLACED ON THERE. FITMENT 10/10

Hope anyone that views this thread found this informaton handy and useful. Again i will continuously say, for the price, quality and look you can't go wrong with the OEM wing and buying it from the guy listed above. Thanks for viewing this and i think it's safe to say that aznvietboy725 you should go ahead and grab one for yourself man.

Peace,
Farzain

where did you purchase this please on ebay?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:26 AM

LOVE MINE from OEM thing. One of the best things I have bought for my S2. Great show!

Quick Reply: ebay oem rear spoiler