S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

ebay oem rear spoiler

Old 07-21-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aznvietboy725

everything fit and looks like it is holding on well with just the tape he provided. color matches 9 out of 10. but my car is 2001 so thats real good imo

looks really nice but i would've used 3m vhb tape though
Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 AM

Anyone else get this? Was seriously considering it.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Painted now on my car!

Name:  S2000REAR1.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  147.9 KB

Name:  100_1373.jpg
Views: 1704
Size:  80.7 KB

i also drilled my trunk...i don't even wanna think my spoiler hitting a car behind me in the highway,in case 3M tape will fail to hold it down on high speeds..
Old 07-23-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Vagelis
Painted now on my car!

i also drilled my trunk...i don't even wanna think my spoiler hitting a car behind me in the highway,in case 3M tape will fail to hold it down on high speeds..

looks really good, how much to get it painted?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:28 PM

Wow, that looks really good. I thought these came painted from the eBay seller?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The paintjob cost in a local workshop was about 100 US dollars.You can buy it painted from ebay for more money but silverstone is a bit difficult colour to match so i didn't want to risk it.I have an OEM Honda front lip which is far better from the ebay lip i used to have,but i wanted to give a try on the ebay rear spoiler because the money were so few and luckily it came out very good as you see in pics.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 AM

I think I'll grab this spoiler unpainted then as I have a SSM myself. My friend owns a body shop so I'm sure it won't cost too much. The fitment looks great! Btw, I was also looking to get an OEM front lip as well, do you know the cheapest website to find it at?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 AM

Thanks for the info. Looks good to me.
Getting one.

-Jazzman
Old 08-09-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats so funny you all. I just ordered one to from this guy last week. Comes from Korea. Getting it by the weekend i hope. I will have pics of fitment and color match. The same link that aznvietboy posted is the place I got it from. PAINTED!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...#ht_3948wt_808

He seemed like a cool dude. We had been emailing each other back and forth and i asked him a bunch of questions and he was very nice about everything and actually got it painted the OEM color and everything. He asks that YOU the buyer give him the paint code and even provides a site to get it from in case you want to be super sure.

In my case GPW so not to crazy of a color. Anyways I paid $119.00 shipped and painted! I was like WTF that's retarded cheap. Being unemployed makes you find stuff that will hopefully look good and fit good (OEM style) for fraction of the cost. Just have to search around and read alot of reviews ;-). Now i must say I don't have cheap parts on my car, I'm taking off my authentic BYS spoiler to rock this for a while. What I liked about it was you can install and uninstall it whenever you want. No drilling required. So for just a light little lip spoiler it won't hurt to try right? Also the 3M tape he uses is the ones you can get at auto parts stores and the same 3M tape that is used for certain kits/bonding of body parts etc.. So it's suppose to be strong and with stand any "speed" and weather conditions. Even if you're a freak and like to wash your car all the time (like me). :-D

So in conclusion i will just say that for the price and looks of it, you can't go wrong IMO. I should have the spoiler in by the weekend and I will take some pics of it uninstalled and installed to give you guys and myself a good look at it..

To be continued..
Old 08-12-2011, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone,

So my wing came in actually last night and i must say i am very pleased and impressed with the way everything turned out for only spending $119 shipped with PAINT!
Below you will see some pictures i took of it the way it came to my door step, taking it out, all hardware and kit it came wiht and you will even see it has the 3M "strong" double sided tape that you can find at your local Autoparts store.

Lets start off with the Quality. The quality is very amazing, light in weight and literally looks and feels just like the original OEM spoiler except $200 cheaper.

The Paint i must say on the spoiler of course is 10/10. Now on my car since it use to sit out in the horrble sun for years has taken a beating on my car. Especially living in Houston Texas where it's super humid and hot 315 days out of the year. Now with that being said it still looks very good and the match on the paint almost perfect.

I was thinking of writing a Pros and Cons list but i have no Cons so therfore if you are someone that is on a budget but wants the OEM looks with everything shipped to your door ready to plug and play then you cannot go wrong with this item.

Now enough of me rambling cause i could go on and on on how impressed i am but that would take away from the Pictures. Anyways i hope you all found this interesting and anyone who actually onws one of these can vouch for me and the seller from ebay. for a cheap eBay purchase. PM me if anyone has any questions at all.. OH and the pics with the spoiler on the car is not mounted, just placed on there for photo's and to show you all. Plus having my BYS wing on for almost 2 years made my trunk dirty . So i will clean it before installing the spoiler. YAY 3rd BRAKE LIGHT AGAIN! Good luck and happy spending.

PACKAGED PRODUCT: 10/10

Name:  229b60a5.jpg
Views: 1671
Size:  157.8 KB

OUT OF BOX w/ HARDWARE AND 3M DOUBLED-SIDED TAPE INSTALLED 10/10

Name:  7219d54c.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  229.4 KB
Notice i placed the 2 screws the product came with in the holes at the very end of the spoiler. This is where you can drill into your trunk if you want for extra security. I however am going to try and see how long it can last with just the 3M tape.
Name:  295c9809.jpg
Views: 1681
Size:  127.0 KB

COLOR COMPARISON TO MY BYS SPOILER..10/10

Name:  34dff0ba.jpg
Views: 1776
Size:  143.1 KB
Name:  6816f361.jpg
Views: 1693
Size:  92.3 KB

NOW FOR THE SHOTS OF IT ON THE CAR.. BUT NOT INSTALLED, JUST PLACED ON THERE. FITMENT 10/10

Name:  3e4088ac.jpg
Views: 1679
Size:  107.8 KB
Name:  458147c2.jpg
Views: 1716
Size:  137.1 KB
Name:  a7fd8c7b.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  146.7 KB
Name:  4f0bfdf1.jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  144.9 KB
Name:  f52a6734.jpg
Views: 1687
Size:  139.1 KB

Hope anyone that views this thread found this informaton handy and useful. Again i will continuously say, for the price, quality and look you can't go wrong with the OEM wing and buying it from the guy listed above. Thanks for viewing this and i think it's safe to say that aznvietboy725 you should go ahead and grab one for yourself man.

Peace,
Farzain

Quick Reply: ebay oem rear spoiler