S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

DINGS!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DINGS!

I notice that there's a pretty shinny ding on the side of my S the other day just before I headed off to work. Almost gave me a heart attack so then I took the day off to stare at it. I don’t want to go to the pro cause the quote they gave me was about a week of my pay to fix one panel and that’s PDR. So I was wondering if anyone knows a way or knows someone who knows away to get that eye sore out??? Any info would help…
Old 02-26-2010, 08:26 AM

don't want to hijack your thread but didn't think creating another thread with the same subject is productive.

Anyways, last night when I was in a parking lot waiting for someone to come out, a car parked next to me. When she went to open the door, she was freaken careless and open it fast and wide and it hit my driver side fender. I was sitting in the car and felt it. I was so mad. She kept saying she hit the tires but after i got out and saw it hit the fender and left a small dent, I was mad but what can I do.

Anyways, it appears to take some paint off but can put some touch up paint to fix it. The dent isn't very noticeable but you can see it at a certain angle. Just knowing that its there is bugging me.

Anyways, let me know if you think a PDR can remove this or maybe i'll attempt to push it out myself. let me know. Thanks.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:49 AM

Thumbs down

I just recently had similar damage to my car. The front right fender was damaged when a couple of idiots started fighting in the parking lot outside a local pub. Being careless they fought on the hood of cars and rolled around on the ground next to my car. By the time i ran over to break it up.... DENTS and DINGS!!! Anyway, I researched PDR and someone referred Dentworks to me, there are several guys that work under that DBA and cover different regions of the USA. I only paid 100 bucks to fix my fender and it looks great. I recommend Dentworks to anyone needing PDR done, they are affordable and best of all they come to you.

Anyway if you guys need more info google dentworks.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:07 PM

silvermonster u should've get her info and make her pay for the repair. teach her a lesson for being careless and for not respecting our S .
Old 02-27-2010, 03:04 AM

PDR will be your best best. even a minor dent will require repainting to complete the work.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:39 PM

I picked up a product called Ding/King for $25. I can not tell you how many dents and dings I have removed on at least a dozen different cars over the past 6 years.
I figure for $25 bucks if it does not work you have lost very little.
I would think that you might be able to find something like it at any auto parts supply shop, like Checkers, O'reilies,Auto zone whatever.
IMHO
Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried the Ding King once because we had it at work, made the first ding less visible but the second one I tried it on it actually added two more dings on the sides. Lets just say I was very upset and havent tried it from that point on.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 AM

Ding king is a Waste IMO, I've done my fair share of body work and like Chillout said it can cause more problem.
Looking at the pic the dent chipped the paint?

If so PDR can improve it and a little touch up paint will make it better but it just wont look prefect so a re-spary is really needed.

ww.paintscratch.com sells pre mixed spary cans and paint pens that may look better than OEM touch up paint but I don't truly trust it.
Factory paint has so many variations that anything more than a small spot may look very noticeable.
Jake
Old 03-20-2010, 06:48 PM

I've used the ding king with great success (mine is not called "ding king" but I am guessing its the same principle. comes with a glue gun, etc right?). Anyway I had a lot of little dings in my trunk and it took them all out. I would say my heart beat was up about 100 bpm when I first used it. But it worked.