S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

CF cracked hardtop repair questions

Old 03-07-2013 | 04:38 AM

Default CF cracked hardtop repair questions

I'm going to possibly be picking up a hardtop today from a local but the top is cracked by the driver window on the side, it doesn't look bad but you can't really tell from the picture. It's a forbidden USA OEM carbon fiber replica top. Now my question is, are those tops repairable with bondo or fiberglass? And also would I be able to paint the carbon fiber top the color of my car or can you only paint the frp hardtops?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2013 | 01:51 PM

What the hell.
Not trying to be a jerk or sound like a hater.

But I would be very opposed to buying that top.
I personally had a forbidden top and it fit horribly.
I am starting to think they have a bad mold or the quality of materials used in production are crap.

Mine wasn't cracked (atlrast i couldnt find a crack) but it would always make sounds.

Get either Honda oem or an RSG style amuse top.
RSG makes a quality product, I own one.

Avoid the hassle of a low quality built top by Forbidden.
Old 03-07-2013 | 02:16 PM

I wasn't really Asking for reviews but thanks anyways. And I was going to fit the top first to check fitment before I even showed the guy the money. I've always heard good things from forbidden and he seems like a real nice guy. And the reason why I bought the top was because I couldn't pass on that deal. A double sided carbon fiber oem replica with all hardware in perfect condition except for that crack that's fixable for only 700? Yea I'll take it. I think it looks great and fits like a glove, and no whistles or wind noise.