S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

ASM rear over fenders

Old 02-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rivets are the best option. you could in theory use screws or some form of bolts, however you will run into rusting problems. if your goal is to make it reversible so you dont have to damage the body, i would say no, there isnt another adequate solution.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the replies guys!! I think I'm going to cut them out. Did y'all trim the over fender when you installed them, this is my big debate right now. (pictures of how far to cut them) It is kinda nerve wracking cutting up $420 pieces. Also, About how much should it cost to have my front fenders (ASM w/black insert), "Shark tooth" extensions, and rear over fenders painted?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 PM

just take your time with the cut, i tried to look through my pics if i had angles of the underside cut for you but i do not. i cut all the way to the edge for him leaving only about 2-3mm. you have to be quite precise because that is a small margin for error. obviously if you go too far you are going to cut to the front side of the over fender. even then its not a huge ordeal being the body shop could just clean it back up for you. i used a dremel blade and took it slow. fiberglass is quite easy to work with as far as keeping your line during the cut. i would recommend cutting it to the lip, it gives you another good chunk of clearance. depending how much prep the pieces need you are probably looking between $600-1000 for a reputable shop to do them right.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:24 PM

s2sik, since you're still monitoring this thread, could you elaborate on pulling the bumper out to be in line with the over fender?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:17 AM

^sure, basically if you look at picture 5, you can see where the bumper sits further into the body then the actual over fender, that is where it normally would naturally mount up to the stock location. what i did was pulled the bumper out to meet the over fender so that it sits flush. i then held it in place and relocated the bumper tab bolt so it held that position. it gives you a bit more clearance, and also in my opinion it flows better with the body.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by s2sik
^sure, basically if you look at picture 5, you can see where the bumper sits further into the body then the actual over fender, that is where it normally would naturally mount up to the stock location. what i did was pulled the bumper out to meet the over fender so that it sits flush. i then held it in place and relocated the bumper tab bolt so it held that position. it gives you a bit more clearance, and also in my opinion it flows better with the body.
Would it help to heat the bumper?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:46 AM

Definetely cut the quarter panels, unless you plan on going back to stock. As for the rivets, I used them but I had my body shop mold over them so you cant see the rivets. Flows better and looks cleaner imo.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by theprophet36
Originally Posted by s2sik' timestamp='1328519877' post='21387235
no. it is not necessary.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 PM

Could you post a full side view and what r the shark tooth extensions on the front fender want to do a nice set up for my car and u seem to b going along the same lines as me. From what I can see it looks amazing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2012, 06:32 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by s2sik
Originally Posted by theprophet36' timestamp='1328535557' post='21387471
[quote name='s2sik' timestamp='1328519877' post='21387235']
no. it is not necessary.
[/quote]

Thanks, my car is at the body shop getting this done among other things

Quick Reply: ASM rear over fenders