No
11.11%
Maybe
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Track day at Pueblo

Old 02-06-2006, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called up the PMI and asked a few questions this morning. I told them about our date, and it looks fine, also they said it's unlikley, weather permiting, we would have any problems getting out there (ie not likley a club will schedule a meet suddenly). On a side note, if we get 10+ cars they will close the track for our group for a half day.

Unless we get snow or rain etc. we can safley mark our calendars!

I'll go inform the Z community!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:21 AM

Thanks for calling Hyper If everyone on here goes like they say they are. Plus my brother(blue wrx) and another friend of mine(red evo) are almost certain they will atend. We could easily have 10+.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:28 AM

no prob!

I just wanted to let everyone know, I was just informed that NASA (www.nasarockymountain.com) is holding an HPDE and several other events the following weekend. Literally it was JUST posted this morning on COdrift.org (we have a good contact from NASA there).

I like personal track days best, however, its nice to have official timing when possible.

We are still a month out in either case, I figure might as well let people know.

-Barry
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 AM

So, I see on COdrift we are you arch nemesis's

I noticed some people on there wanted to change the date because of GJ already having a date scheduled. I don't see it possible to change the date since s2ki has a drive planned on the 19th. I personally can't do it the 26th (that why I chose the 5th. also hoping for better weather being closer to spring) Like you said the track is booked from the 12th of March untill Nov. Plus I don't know how anyone else feels but I wouldn't go to GJ regardless. I'm already driving over 2.5 hours to get to pueblo and GJ would be to far. Acording to Google, GJ is 300 miles from FtC and Pueblo is 175.

Again Thanks for spreading the word and it sounds like we should have a good turnout.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:02 AM
jah

[QUOTE=j_t_heilbrun,Feb 5 2006, 09:36 PM]Jah, any suggestions on how to make sure it's going to be open or just to make sure we'll get on.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by j_t_heilbrun,Feb 6 2006, 09:50 AM
So, I see on COdrift we are you arch nemesis's

I noticed some people on there wanted to change the date because of GJ already having a date scheduled. I don't see it possible to change the date since s2ki has a drive planned on the 19th. I personally can't do it the 26th (that why I chose the 5th. also hoping for better weather being closer to spring) Like you said the track is booked from the 12th of March untill Nov. Plus I don't know how anyone else feels but I wouldn't go to GJ regardless. I'm already driving over 2.5 hours to get to pueblo and GJ would be to far. Acording to Google, GJ is 300 miles from FtC and Pueblo is 175.

Again Thanks for spreading the word and it sounds like we should have a good turnout.
Yes... S2k is my arch rival but in a good way; its nearly impossible to beat overall.

As far as the GJ event, that is happening on March 5th. The NASA event is happening on March 11th -- at Pueblo. I agree, GJ is waaay too far to drive, I'll make 1-2 GJ events this summer, but not before summer time.

I just decided to let it be known about the HPDE because of possible interest. Basically saying, if people are interested it could be worth going on the 11th rather than the 5th.

However, I like unoffical lapping days, due to the amount of seat time you get, and the laid back nature of it. People can show up when they want to, and run when they want to!

Jah, as far as pre-paying, I don't think that is what they are saying, its more like, if we can get 10+ cars there, they'll close it, if we don't get 10, then they don't close it. There is no risk; its more of a turn-out issue, even if we told them we got 11 cars, it wouldn't matter until all 11 rolled in!

Also for the record it is 60 for half day 100 for full day, same as 2nd creek was.

-B
Old 02-08-2006, 07:45 PM

So.... what did you guys decide? I personally think you should do *both* the 5th and then come back on the 11th-12th for the NASA event. You can never get enough track time!!!

The NASA event is a little more expensive ($100/day) than open testing, but we've got instructors (pro racers), flaggers, ambulances, etc. Throw in a little free beer and BBQ on Saturday, you can't go wrong.

And... yes, the S2000 is no problem safety wise w/the factory hoops.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 PM

Proally too early to decide Its nice to get the ball rolling this early though on planning, much better than trying to do this on March 1st like usual impromptu meets. I'm undecided myself. Both sound good.

-B
Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 AM

I'll definatly be there on the 5th but I'll be out of town the following weekend, otherwise I'd be there.

I have a question are the nasa hosted events just like open testing only they are timed laps? Are you competing against everyone else's time? I guess I don't understand how your events work and I can't figure it out from your website.

Josh
Old 02-13-2006, 09:39 AM

[QUOTE=j_t_heilbrun,Feb 9 2006, 09:35 AM]I have a question are the nasa hosted events just like open testing only they are timed laps?

Quick Reply: Track day at Pueblo