Rocky Mountain S2000 Owners Rocky Mountain Owners Club including Colorado

Rollbar install shop recommendation?

Old 09-19-2020, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rollbar install shop recommendation?

Hey folks,

Hoping to get a roll bar installed sometime in the coming year in preparation for taking the S out to HPR. I’ve read some guides online but not sure that I trust myself with the install of something as important as a roll bar. Anyone have any recommended shops in the Rocky Mountain area that would have experience doing this? I’m in Denver metro, south of downtown about 30m. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-04-2020, 05:40 PM

*bump*
Old 10-05-2020, 05:02 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't have any recommendations but will note that the factory roll hoops are considered adequate rollover protection at HPR. Lots of us run with just those.

If you want added protection, I won't try to discourage you from installing a roll bar. I have considered it since I wouldn't pass a broomstick test if that was required.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:37 AM

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BrewDay09
I don't have any recommendations but will note that the factory roll hoops are considered adequate rollover protection at HPR. Lots of us run with just those.

If you want added protection, I won't try to discourage you from installing a roll bar. I have considered it since I wouldn't pass a broomstick test if that was required.
Having installed a roll bar myself, I can see why HPR accepts the S2000 vs. some of the Miatas and others which are more cosmetic. The hoops in the S2000 are substantial. That said, for many of us, our height puts our head above the hoop and as you say, that means we won't pass the broomstick test. So in a rollover, our head is more than likely going to hit the ground with only the factory hoops.

I don't have any recommendations either, but will say that it's not an especially difficult job, but it's tedious to take the interior out and you'll want a helper when you align the roll bar in the car to ensure it clears the top. Also, think about whether you want to trim the plastic interior pieces to fit around the bar. That took me as much time as the rest of the project altogether. But again, no special skills required, just patience There are many good write ups with pictures elsewhere on this site if you decide to do it yourself.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by BrewDay09

That's good to know! Appreciate the info.